This meatless, vegetarian menu proves you don't need meat to celebrate Thanksgiving. It includes plenty of vegetable-based side dishes, salads, and main dishes that showcase a variety of Fall vegetables: butternut squash, acorn squash, Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, green beans, spaghetti squash, and much more!
As a vegetable-lover, you'll find everything you need in this Meatless Thanksgiving menu: Autumn-inspired holiday appetizers, side dishes, salads, main courses, pasta recipes, desserts, and even breakfast. This holiday menu includes some of my most popular holiday recipes (our top 40 Meatless Thanksgiving Dishes) that have been reader favorites for years (I've been publishing recipes on this website since 2012). Impress your family and friends by trying some (or all!) of these dishes for your next Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving party.
This menu will provide you with many tasty, meatless, vegetable-based main dishes to replace regular turkey. The traditional Thanksgiving green bean casserole (that usually includes bacon) is replaced with much fresher and, may I say, more delicious alternatives. This menu features many salads packed with fresh flavors, hearty greens, and Autumn ingredients. You'll love vegetarian side dishes that highlight traditional Fall ingredients that we associate with Thanksgiving: green beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, acorn squash, pumpkin, pecans, cranberries, and Brussels sprouts.
Table of Contents
My other Thanksgiving Recipe Collections
- If you're looking for Thanksgiving salads, check out my collection of 30 Best Thanksgiving Salads.
- If you're looking for a complete list of my holiday side dishes, don't miss my 60 Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes.
- If you're looking for a complete Thanksgiving menu that features everything: Fall-inspired holiday appetizers, side dishes, salads, main courses, pasta recipes, desserts, and even breakfast, check out my 50 Best Thanksgiving Recipes (The Complete Holiday Menu).
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
This selection includes my most popular meatless holiday sides that use classic Thanksgiving ingredients, such as butternut squash, acorn squash, Brussels sprouts, green beans, pecans, pumpkin seeds, apples, and more.
- Butternut Squash Pasta Salad with Brussels Sprouts, Pecans, and Cranberries
- Green Beans with Pine Nuts
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cinnamon Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries
- Green Beans for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Garlic Green Beans with Olive Oil and Parmesan
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Green Bean Pasta Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mandarin Oranges, Walnuts, Cranberries, and Balsamic Glaze
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Butternut Squash, Pumpkin Seeds, and Cranberries
- Asiago Roasted Broccoli
- Spaghetti Squash, Quinoa and Parmesan Fritters
- Parmesan Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash with Pine Nuts
- Asiago Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sautéed Spinach, Mushrooms, and Caramelized Onions
- Black Bean Butternut Squash Soup
Thanksgiving Potato Side Dishes
If you want to prepare your holiday potatoes in a slightly different way than regular mashed potatoes, give these delicious recipes a try for your upcoming holiday gathering:
These meatless Thanksgiving appetizers feature colorful and festive Autumn ingredients, such as apples, cranberries, pomegranate, and pecans.
Thanksgiving salads deserve a separate category on the menu as they are not quite side dishes (even though you can serve them as sides). These festive vegetarian salads will steal the show and will be a hit with your vegetarian friends!
- Fall Salad with Maple-Lime Dressing
- Apple Spinach Salad
- 30-Minute Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Christmas Salad
- Winter Vegetable Salad with Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, and Beets
- Broccoli Cashew Salad with Apples, Pears, and Cranberries
- Arugula Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Pecans
- Beet Salad with Spinach and Honey-Mustard Lemon Dressing
- Fall Harvest Salad with Apples, Pecans, Spinach, and Maple-Lime Dressing
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate
- Beet Salad with Spinach, Cashews, and Goat Cheese
- 15-Minute Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Mango Salad with Spinach and Blueberries
- Winter Fruit Salad with Maple-Lime Dressing
- Berry Spinach Salad with Blueberries and Raspberries
- Spinach and Fruit Salad with Maple-Lime Dressing
Thanksgiving MEATLESS Main Courses
Below is a selection of tried and true vegetarian (meatless) main courses that have been popular with the readers of this food blog. These Thanksgiving mains include Fall ingredients, such as butternut squash and sweet potatoes. You will not miss turkey with this delicious vegetable-based alternatives.
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
- Vegetarian Enchiladas with Butternut Squash, Black Beans, and Bell Pepper
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Casserole
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce and Pecans
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Feta and Spinach
- 30-Minute Ravioli and Sweet Potato Veggie Skillet
- Creamy Orzo Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach
- Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Gnocchi (One-Pan, 20 Minutes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash stuffed with Corn, Zucchini, and Cheese
- Pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sauce and pecans
- Pumpkin Chili with Black Beans and Chickpeas
- Meatless Pumpkin Quinoa Chili with Black Beans and Chickpeas
The Thanksgiving feast is not complete without desserts. Consider adding these simple desserts to your holiday menu:
- Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Bundt Cake
- Simple Apple Cake
- Apple cinnamon crepes, or apple pie - in a crepe!
- Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Bundt Cake
- Easy Apple Squares (Cake Bars)
- Browned Butter Pecan Sandies
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake
- Mixed Berry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Chocolate Pear Cake
Thanksgiving Day Breakfast
Remember to make something seasonal, Fall-inspired, and unique for the Thanksgiving Day Breakfast. With these vegetarian alternatives, you won't miss traditional bacon or sausage breakfast casseroles. Here is a mix of savory and sweet breakfast recipes that will set you in the mood for the Thanksgiving dinner later.
- Breakfast Egg Muffins with Mushrooms and Spinach
- Apple cinnamon yogurt pancakes
- Blueberry Lemon Bread with Lemon Glaze
- Breakfast Egg and Gruyere Cheese Tart
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Pecan Sauce
- Pumpkin Banana Bread with Apples
- Banana bread with walnuts
- Sweet cooked apples recipe
- Mixed Berry Greek Yogurt Muffins
- Stuffed Crepes with Ricotta Cheese and Blueberry Filling
What's your favorite meatless Thanksgiving dish?
Maybe it's from this menu, or it's something else. Either way, let me know what you're cooking this Thanksgiving in the comments! Here are my 2 favorite meatless Thanksgiving main courses that I can happily eat any time during the Fall and Winter seasons (not just during the holidays):