Broccoli, Cashew, Apple and Pear Salad with Cranberries and chopped red onions with the most delicious homemade creamy salad dressing, made with mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), honey, and lemon juice!
This broccoli salad is a healthy recipe that you can make any time of the year, but especially during the winter season to get a boost of antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber!
The creamy salad dressing is so delicious – it will literally make the salad disappear off your plates, that’s how good is the flavor combination of all ingredients.
Whenever I make a broccoli salad, I love combining mayo and sour cream together for a creamy salad dressing and love that flavor combination! If you don’t like sour cream (or don’t have it), feel free to use kefir or Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for an equally good flavor! I also add lemon juice, honey, and salt. Make sure to soften the honey (by heating it up gently) before adding it to other salad dressing ingredients, to make sure it blends in smoothly.
If you still have any doubt about this salad, just take a look at these delicious healthy ingredients: Broccoli, Cashews, Apple, Pear, dried Cranberries, chopped red onions:
Broccoli, Cashew, Apple and Pear Salad with Cranberries and chopped red onions. The homemade dressing is made with mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), honey, and lemon juice!
- 5 cups broccoli florets , chopped into small bites
- 1 apple , cored and diced
- 1 pear , cored and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion , diced
- 1 cup cashews , toasted or roasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or kefir or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey , softened or warmed up
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine together chopped broccoli, diced apple, diced pear, diced red onion, cashews (toasted or roasted) and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), lemon juice, honey, and salt. Note that honey should be soft and runny, warm it up if needed, so that it mixes easily. Whisk the ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add salt if needed.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli salad and stir everything together.