Broccoli Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad - this delicious salad is loaded with veggies (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sweet peas), sharp Cheddar cheese, pasta shells, and bacon! Smothered in a creamy Ranch dressing.
With so many veggies in this pasta salad, you get both healthy food and comfort food all in one! This bacon ranch salad is easy to put together, only 30 minutes from start to finish! It's perfect for cook-outs, BBQ's, parties, or as an easy weeknight dinner!
- The ranch pasta salad can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free brown rice pasta shells.
- Blanch broccoli by bringing a pot of water to boil and adding broccoli to the pot of boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove and drain well.
- Cook bacon in the oven by lining the rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, adding bacon strips in one layer and baking in the preheated oven at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the desired doneness. Drain bacon on paper towels and chop into small chunks.
- If using frozen sweet peas, cook them in the same pot you cook pasta by adding them during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Use either grape or cherry tomatoes. Do nut cut cherry tomatoes - this will allow the salad to stay fresh longer in the refrigerator!
- I make Ranch dressing by combining mayo, milk and dry Ranch mix. You can use store-bought creamy Ranch dressing instead.
- Add salad dressing gradually - do not dump all of it in the salad at once. Some people might like a lot of creamy Ranch dressing, some don't like a lot on their salad.
- If you pre-make the broccoli bacon ranch pasta salad, do not add the salad dressing. Keep both the salad and the dressing in separate, air-tight containers for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Do not cut cherry tomatoes - use whole ones. This will help to keep the salad fresher and longer in the fridge.
Other broccoli salad recipes
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Broccoli, Cashew, Apple and Pear Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Raisins, and Cheddar Cheese
Other recipes with Ranch dressing
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Chicken and Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Garlic Chicken and Bacon Ranch Penne Pasta
- Chicken Taco Salad with Ranch Dressing
Broccoli Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet Peas, Cheddar Cheese
Broccoli Bacon Salad:
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- In a large bowl, combined chopped blanched broccoli, chopped cooked bacon, whole cherry tomatoes, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cooked sweet peas, cooked pasta shells.
Ranch Salad Dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo and milk and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of dry Ranch mix. Mix well and taste to see if you need to add more dry Ranch mix to the dressing.
- Gradually add the salad dressing to the large bowl with the salad ingredients. Some people like lots of dressing on their salad, some don't - let your taste be your guide as far as how much dressing to add!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.