Golden Mushroom Chicken Pasta - tender chicken breast and spaghetti pasta smothered in a delicious, rich, golden mushroom sauce. So good and so easy!
You'll love the creamy sauce, made with the golden mushroom soup, dry Italian salad dressing mix, chicken stock, and heavy cream. YUM! And the color - so appetizing and very presentable:
I used canned Golden mushroom soup to make creamy spaghetti sauce for this recipe. You can purchase it in the store or online. The golden mushroom soup is usually made with beef stock, mushrooms and savory tomato puree.
If you're looking for a new way to make spaghetti, this is the recipe for you!
Golden Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast , skinless, boneless, cut in half horizontally
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz spaghetti (use gluten free spaghetti for gluten free version)
- 10.5 oz Golden Mushroom condensed soup
- 0.7 ounce dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 green onions chopped
- Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half horizontally, to make them thinner and easier to cook. Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side. Then, remove the skillet from heat, cover with the lid and let the chicken sit in the skillet, covered, for about 15 minutes, off heat - until it's completely cooked through in its own heat, and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the skillet and slice it into thin strips.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- To the same skillet add golden mushroom condensed soup and about ½ to ¾ of the 0.7 ounce Italian Salad dressing mix (make sure not to add all of the salad dressing mix - it might make the sauce too salty). Heat the mixture and add chicken stock and heavy cream - bring to boil and mix well.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet and combine it with the sauce. Taste and add more of Italian salad dressing seasoning, if needed. Add sliced cooked chicken and half of chopped green onions and mix well with pasta and sauce. When serving, top with the remaining half of chopped green onions.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.