Blueberry vanilla bread recipe with lemon glaze. This delicious bread is stuffed with blueberries, and flavored with vanilla and lemon zest.
This blueberry vanilla bread makes a great breakfast, dessert, a snack to pack to go to work. Really good recipe!
The glaze is made from freshly squeezed lemon juice and powdered sugar. There is just enough glaze to cover the top of the blueberry vanilla bread with a drizzle and not to overwhelm the overall flavor of this dessert!
The slice (or two, or three) of this bread is lovely early in the morning with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
I prefer to store this bread refrigerated: it keeps fresher and longer this way, plus the glaze keeps better, too.
After you bake the bread, cool it completely before drizzling with lemon glaze. Also, make sure the bread is completely cool before you refrigerate it. Enjoy!
This delicious blueberry vanilla bread with lemon glaze is a perfect breakfast or something you can have for dessert. Simple recipe, beautiful cake, what more can you ask for?!
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest grated
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8x4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Do it carefully and fast. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack. Release the bread from the pan.
- Combine freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl and beat, using electrical mixer, until smooth glaze forms . Drizzle the top of the bread (after it's been completely cooled) with the glaze. Some of the glaze will go down the sides of the bread.
Adapted from AllRecipes