Banana bread with walnuts - perfect breakfast and dessert recipe!
This is simply the best recipe I've found so far for the most moist, perfectly sweetened, and easy banana bread. I added walnuts to this recipe, but they are totally optional, even though I love my banana bread with walnuts. This recipe is so easy, you don't even need a mixer - just mix everything with a big wooden spoon!
I've been eating this walnut banana bread for both breakfast and dessert for the past week and just love it!
Try this delicious banana bread with walnuts and you'll love it as much as I do!
Banana Bread with Walnuts
- 3 bananas , ripe, smashed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix butter into the mashed bananas, using wooden spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over0mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
- Add chopped walnuts to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
- Note: lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper ensures that the bottom of the bread will not get stuck.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.