Easy Scalloped Potatoes with Garlic, Thyme, and Parmesan cheese – delicious, super cheesy potatoes made with white cheese only (no Cheddar cheese in this recipe!).
I love potatoes! They are my go-to side dish whenever I need something quick and simple. Mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes – I make them all. But a special part in my heart belongs to these easy scalloped potatoes. Because this is one of those dishes that looks nice and fancy on a plate but in reality is a breeze to make.
These are really the easiest scalloped potatoes ever! No need to make the creamy sauce in a separate pan, all you do is layer all the ingredients in a medium-sized, deep casserole dish and then bake for about 1 hour. Only one pan is used! The potatoes are creamy and cheesy! Easy and quick clean-up after you’re done!
I used 6 yellow potatoes, peeled:
There are 4 layers in this scalloped potatoes recipe. Each layer has thinly sliced potatoes (1/8 inch thick), salt, minced garlic, shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh thyme, and heavy cream:
After layering your casserole dish with the scalloped potatoes, bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour. While baking, the shredded Parmesan cheese melts and combines with heavy cream, coating the potatoes, producing the most delicious, cheesy scalloped potatoes ever!
We are right in the middle of the holiday season, and these easy scalloped potatoes will make a perfect holiday side dish, not only because they are super easy-to-make, they also look so pretty:
Not only are they delicious, easy, and pretty, these scalloped potatoes are gluten free!
Enjoy these cheesy, garlicky, easy scalloped potatoes!
These super cheesy scalloped potatoes are made with Garlic, Thyme, and lots of Parmesan cheese. Great side dish recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 6 yellow potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons Thyme fresh
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease the bottom of the medium casserole pan with melted butter.
- Spread 1/4 of the sliced potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the potatoes with 1/8 teaspoon salt, then top with 1 minced garlic clove, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 amount of thyme leaves (removed from sprigs). Top with 1/4 cup of heavy creamy, pouring it evenly over the potatoes.
- Repeat layers 3 more times (total of 4 layers of potatoes). For the last layer, use 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese (or more).
- Bake at 400 F, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are cooked through.