Creamy Tortellini with Bacon and Brussels Sprouts – if you want to make something different with brussels sprouts, especially during the holiday season, this is the right recipe to try! You just can’t go wrong with brussels sprouts, bacon, tortellini, and the creamy sauce!
Savory brussels sprouts combine perfectly with cheese tortellini and bacon. And, the creamy sauce makes everything better!
These creamy brussels sprouts with tortellini and bacon will look great on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table!
One of the best ways to cook brussels sprouts is to smother them in a cheesy cream sauce, which is exactly what I’ve done here. Add tortellini and bacon and you have a very not boring kind of brussels sprouts!
If you want to make something different with brussels sprouts, especially during the holiday season, this is the right recipe to try! You just can't go wrong with brussels sprouts, bacon, tortellini, and the creamy sauce!
- 12 oz brussels sprouts
- 2 cups tortellini , uncooked
- 10 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut of the stems of brussels sprouts; cut each brussels sprout in half. Add brussels sprouts to boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove using slotted spoon.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Add cooked brussels sprouts, half of the chopped, cooked bacon, heavy cream and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the large skillet. Bring to boil. While constantly stirring, add shredded Parmesan cheese into boiling heavy cream, keep stirring until the cheese starts to melt coating brussels sprouts and bacon. Reduce heat to simmer and keep stirring, making sure the cheese does not stick to the bottom of the skillet. Gradually add milk to thin out the sauce and stir it in.
- Add cooked tortellini and the remaining half of chopped cooked bacon to the skillet with the cream sauce, on low heat. Stir everything, taste and add more salt, if needed.