Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate with Poppy Seed Honey-Lime Dressing – a great choice for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve or any other winter holiday menu!
This butternut squash and spinach salad is a perfect Autumn or Winter side dish, since it uses lots of seasonal ingredients that are available this time of the year. Healthy, gluten free, packed with nutrients and fiber!
Butternut Squash and Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate with Poppy Seed Honey-Lime Dressing - a great choice for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve or any other winter holiday menu!
- 1 pound butternut squash , peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1-inch cubes (Yields about 3 cups of uncooked cubed butternut squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey softened
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 oz baby spinach , about 10 cups of torn leaves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded),1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and toss to mix.
- Place butternut squash in a single layer on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once half-way through baking, until softened.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted butternut squash, spinach leaves (chop them up a little), 2/3 cup of pecans, 1/2 cup cranberries, and 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds. Add the salad dressing and gently toss. Top with the remaining 1/3 cup pecans and 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds.