Baked Brie recipe with Honey-Balsamic Cranberry Sauce, topped with Pecans and Pomegranates – perfect appetizer for the holidays!
Baked brie recipe is one of those easy appetizers that you just put in the oven to bake while you’re reaching for crackers and preparing plates. While at it, why not make a delicious cranberry sauce to go with the melting brie cheese?
I love this time of the year! Festivities, decorations, Christmas music, snow. I am still in love with the holiday season as much as when I was a kid. And one of the best things about this time of year is that I get to indulge myself in cooking with the holiday ingredients, such as cranberries, pecans, and pomegranate. I use them literally on everything! Not surprisingly, these make great toppings and taste DELICIOUS on a soft, melted, baked brie cheese.
This baked brie recipe is so easy. Just bake the brie in the preheated oven at 350 F for 15 minutes. In the mean time, prepare the honey-balsamic cranberry sauce. Then pour it over the freshly baked brie, and sprinkle with the toppings: chopped pecans and pomegranate seeds! That’s it! The whole recipe takes at most 30 minutes.
It’s also a very budget-friendly appetizer. Many varieties of brie cheeses sold in the grocery stores are cheap and affordable. And, when baked and adorned with cranberries, pecans, and pomegranate, the melted soft cheese makes a really beautiful and delicious snack. Even though this baked brie recipe is supposed to make 6 servings, it’s so good, my husband and I ate the whole wheel of brie that you see on the photos just by ourselves, in one sitting. And, we had a whole dinner afterwards, too.
Talking about dinner. If you want to make something other than ham for Christmas dinner, check out this beautiful and delicious roast duck with honey-balsamic glaze, or make duck breast with cranberry sauce, or try easy and super tasty paprika roasted cornish hen with vegetables.
Also, if you need some ideas for sides I have a great collection of 10 holiday side dishes.
And, I do hope you try this baked brie cheese recipe and enjoy it as much as my husband and I did!
Cranberries, Pecans, Pomegranate make great toppings and taste DELICIOUS on a soft, melted, baked brie cheese. Make your holidays perfect with this baked brie recipe!
- 8 oz brie cheese (whole wheel of brie cheese)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Place brie into the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes until the brie softens.
- To a small saucepan or skillet, add honey, balsamic vinegar, and dried cranberries. Bring this mixture to boil, constantly stirring, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute, stirring, until the sauce reduces just a bit, and the cranberries puff up.
- Carefully transfer the brie to a serving dish, using something flat like a pie server. Top with hot honey-balsamic-cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with crackers.