Asiago Roasted Broccoli - thinly sliced broccoli florets baked with Asiago cheese on top. Crusty, crunchy, delicious side dish or just a snack to crunch on! Healthy, gluten free recipe.
Because broccoli is sliced thinly, the Asiago cheese roasted broccoli florets are crunchy and super addictive!
Make sure to slice each broccoli floret horizontally into thin, flat slices, coat them with olive oil and lay in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle salt evenly over all of broccoli, making sure not to miss any (use at least ¼ teaspoon salt, or more). Sprinkle with black pepper, too. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated Asiago cheese:
Bake for another 5 or 10 minutes, until the cheese melts:
The broccoli should be slightly browned and very crunchy. Taste and add salt if needed - it's really important to add enough salt to broccoli for it to taste really delicious. Enjoy!
Asiago Roasted Broccoli
- 16 oz broccoli florets , sliced horizontally into flat chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or more
- black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup Asiago cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Make sure to slice each broccoli floret horizontally into thin, flat slices.
- Coat broccoli with olive oil in a medium bowl, and transfer to the rimmed baking sheet (line it with aluminum foil, if you prefer) in a single layer. Sprinkle salt evenly over all of broccoli, making sure not to miss any (use at least ¼ teaspoon salt, or more). Sprinkle with pepper, too.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with shredded Asiago cheese. Roast for 5 or 10 more minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and serve. Broccoli and cheese should be slightly browned and crusty.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I found this recipe a few weeks ago and have made a huge batch at least once a week since then. I store them in the fridge and reheat in the oven for about four minutes and they taste totally fresh out of the oven. Thank you for the great recipe!!
Amanda, I am so happy you've been enjoying this recipe! Thank you for your wonderful review!
It doesn't show the amount per serving?
The whole recipe makes 4 servings.
Oh it was great.I cooked it and it was delicious.. Think you.
Thank you, I am glad you liked it!
These are super yummy, but I have extra! What is the best way to store so I can enjoy the rest tomorrow?
Refrigerate in the airtight container, even though the broccoli and cheese will lose their crispiness. You can reheat them in the oven the next day to restore the crispiness.