Chicken and Bacon with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce - delicious chicken breasts topped with bacon and smothered in a creamy sauce. Gluten free, low carb, high protein, KETO friendly recipe. Perfect if served with asparagus!
I love combining chicken breasts and sun-dried tomatoes, such as in this Mediterranean Chicken with Capers, Artichokes, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes or this Chicken Florentine Bake.
This recipe is no exception. Chicken breasts and bacon combine beautifully with the creamy cheesy sauce made with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, shredded Mozzarella cheese, and cream. So good! The chicken is moist and tender!
This is KETO friendly recipe. Chicken breast is low carb and high in protein. Bacon is low carb and has a high fat content. Sun-dried tomato cream sauce is low carb and high in fat. There are hardly any carbs in this recipe, and it tastes so good - like something you would order from a good restaurant! Enjoy!
What to serve with this chicken and bacon dish? What would go great with the sun-dried tomato cream sauce? I suggest serving steamed or roasted veggies, such as asparagus and broccoli. Also, cooked spinach or cooked green beans would be great. Below are some recipe suggestions. They are also KETO friendly side dishes.
- Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Bacon, Garlic, and Asiago cheese
- Spinach Cooked with Garlic and Olive Oil
- Garlic and Bacon Green Beans
- Asiago Roasted Broccoli
- Asiago Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Chicken Breasts and Bacon with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil in a jar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil either from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes, or just use olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 lb chicken breasts large, halved horizontally
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes at least, add more to taste
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
How to cook chicken breasts in a skillet on stove top:
- Note: if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), make sure to drain sun-dried tomatoes from oil, before using them. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this drained oil for sautéing as described below:
- In a large pan, on medium heat, saute garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (olive oil or oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar - see note above) for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove sun-dried tomatoes and garlic from the pan, leaving the oil, and add chicken breasts, halved horizontally, salted and lightly covered in paprika (for color) and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover the pan with the lid, remove from heat, and let the chicken sit, cooking in its own juices, off heat in a skillet, until completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Chicken could have released juices - in my case it was ½ cup of juices. Remove the juices from the skillet, to avoid greasiness.
How to make cream sauce:
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream to the same skillet (from which you removed the chicken and the juices). Bring to boil, add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, immediately reduce to simmer, constantly stirring to melt the cheese, until the cheese melts.
- Add 1 cup of milk gradually, whisking until nice and smooth, while on simmer.
- Add back the cooked sun-dried tomatoes and the garlic. Add basil and crushed red pepper - mix to combine.
- Add cooked chicken breasts. Top with crumbled cooked bacon. Reheat until warm.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.