Mediterranean Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Artichokes, and Capers - a one skillet recipe. Easy to make, 30 minutes from start to finish! You'll love the play of flavors in this dish.
One of the main reasons I love Mediterranean cuisine is, of course, my passion for pasta, but in this case it's not about pasta. It's all about the chicken. With lots of vegetables and olive oil.
- In this recipe, I use thinly sliced boneless and skinless chicken breasts. If you have large chicken breasts, you can slice each one of them lengthwise in half to make them thinner.
- I used roasted artichoke hearts in olive oil. I also used sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, too. In this case, I didn't even drain them to get rid of excess oil, because the more olive oil in this recipe, the better. If you use artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes that are not in a jar with olive oil, definitely add extra olive oil, if you wish.
It's always a challenge not to overcook chicken breasts, and in this Mediterranean-style recipe your chicken will be moist, tender, and very flavorful!
Other Mediterranean recipes:
- Italian Ravioli with Spinach, Artichokes, Capers, Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Basil Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and Veggies
How to make Mediterranean chicken:
1) First, season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
2) Next, sear the chicken in olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side.
3) Then, remove the chicken from the skillet. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and capers with lemon juice and extra olive oil to the skillet and stir together.
4) Add the chicken back and cook for about 5-10 more minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Your Mediterranean chicken is ready! Yes, in 30 minutes! Easy, no fuss dinner that tastes good and looks good. I used gluten free flour for coating the chicken which makes this recipe gluten free!
Other Mediterranean-style chicken recipes:
If you enjoyed this Mediterranean chicken, check out some of my other recipes similar to this one:
- Tomato Basil Artichoke Baked Chicken
- Smothered Baked Chicken with Creamed Spinach, Bacon, Mushrooms
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Bacon Chicken
Mediterranean Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Artichokes, and Capers
- 1.5 lb chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flour (you can use gluten free flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz roasted artichoke hearts (drained)
- 6 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. On a large plate, dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown for about 4 minutes until it turns nice golden color. Flip the chicken over to the other side and brown the other side for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the chicken to the plate.
- Add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and lemon juice to the same skillet. Stir to combine, on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil, stir in to combine.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the skillet, and add the chicken back.
- Cook the chicken and the vegetables on low-medium heat for about 5-10 more minutes, covered, until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Depending on your stove, you might have to cook either on medium or on medium-low heat to cook the chicken through.
- Serve immediately. Make sure to spoon the olive oil mixture of vegetables from the skillet over the chicken.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I love this recipe - it's easy and quick to make. You can pre-coat the chicken and leave in the fridge until your company comes and then cook and serve just like a restaurant. That's how good this meal tastes; just like a restaurant.
This is an awesome meal! I added Baby Bella mushrooms and tossed in some asparagus and it turned out perfect My husband loved it and we are having the leftovers tonight! Thank you so very much! definitely a keeper
Can it be made and served the next day?
It was absolutely delicious. I made one mistake, instead of dried tomatoes I used brushetta. Even my brother in law who hates everything loved it, he got two helpings.
I made this recipe.as an alternative for Creamy Tuscan Chicken because i didn't have the cream. I had all the other ingredients so i added the two ingredients from that recipe to this one. Fresh spinach at the end until soft and sundried tomatoes to the sauce. It was amazing i almost like it as much if not better than the Tuscan Chicken that is a family favorite.