Shrimp with Basil Tomato Fettuccine Pasta – lots of garlic and fresh tomatoes in this spicy dish, smothered in a flavorful and spicy creamy sauce! Refreshing, Summer pasta recipe!
This recipe is super easy to make and great for using fresh tomatoes if you have too many! You’ll love this refreshing basil tomato pasta dinner with shrimp – it’s very creamy and satisfying, with a Mediterranean flare!
- First, you cook together the shrimp, garlic, fresh sliced tomatoes, and basil.
- Then, add half and half, more basil and crushed red pepper flakes, together with shredded Parmesan cheese to make the creamy sauce.
- Next, add cooked pasta to the creamy sauce with shrimp.
- Finally, add even more fresh sliced tomatoes!
What is half and half? It’s half milk, half cream. To make 1 cup of half and half, combine 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream.
Shrimp with Basil Tomato Fettuccine Pasta - lots of garlic and fresh tomatoes in this spicy dish, smothered in a flavorful and spicy creamy sauce! Refreshing, Mediterranean, Summer pasta recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 tomatoes , sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound shrimp , without shells and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (use gluten free brown rice fettuccine for gluten free version)
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- In a large skillet, saute minced garlic, sliced tomatoes, and basil in 2 tablespoons of oil for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with a small amount of salt, paprika, and cook on medium heat for about 2 more minutes.
- Add half and half, 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil, and crushed red pepper to the skillet with shrimp and tomatoes, bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Whisk the Parmesan cheese into the hot cream and stir to melt cheese, on lowest heat setting, until the cheese is melted. Remove the sauce from heat. Add more salt, basil and more crushed red pepper if desired, to taste.
- In the mean time, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain (reserving some pasta water). Add cooked pasta to the creamy mixture, add fresh sliced tomatoes (2 total), more salt, basil and more crushed red pepper if desired, to taste.