Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Bacon, Garlic, and Asiago cheese – perfect appetizer for all kinds of meat and fish. Healthy, gluten-free and low-carb recipe.
This recipe provides detailed instructions on how to roast the asparagus in the oven so that it has the perfect texture. Garlic, bacon, and Asiago cheese make this asparagus an absolute comfort food! If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy garlic and bacon green beans.
Why make this recipe
- The recipe is easy and quick. It takes only 30 minutes from start to finish, including the roasting time!
- Healthy, low-carb, and gluten-free recipe.
- Great as a side dish to any type of meat; it also makes a great breakfast along with scrambled or poached eggs.
- Oven-roasted asparagus has an amazing texture: crispy and crunchy – you’ll love the Asiago cheese and bacon combination!
What makes oven-roasted asparagus low-carb
- Asparagus is the ultimate low-carb vegetable. Read this article discussing the carb content of asparagus for more information.
- Other add-on ingredients in this recipe are all low-carb: bacon, Asiago cheese, and olive oil. These are all low-carb, high-fat, low-sugar ingredients.
Roast the asparagus in the oven or grill it?
I was never a fan of grilling asparagus on a grill, as it often gets burned all over and you have to watch it really carefully to make sure the asparagus doesn’t get burned. Try this recipe for oven-roasted asparagus instead, as an alternative to grilling, and you will appreciate the perfect texture of roasted asparagus.
The secret is to roast the asparagus in the oven just at the right temperature, which is 425 F. The cooking time is very important too. Roast the asparagus for 20 minutes total. Uncovered. And, you’ll never grill the asparagus again. Your asparagus will be nice and crunchy and crispy and not overcooked.
How to roast asparagus in the oven
First, coat the asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, and minced garlic, and roast the asparagus for 10 minutes in the preheated oven at 425 F:
Then, add the shredded Asiago cheese and chopped cooked bacon:
And roast the asparagus for another 10 minutes:
What you have in the end is perfectly crisp and crunchy asparagus, with melted cheese and bacon. So good!
More delicious asparagus recipes
- Creamy Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Tortellini
- Ham and Cheese Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- Pasta with Asparagus, Bell Peppers in creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Bacon, Garlic, and Asiago cheese - perfect appetizer for all kinds of meat and fish. Healthy, gluten-free, and low-carb recipe. Asparagus will have a perfect texture: crispy and crunchy, without burning or overcooking. This recipe is a fantastic alternative to grilling.
- 1.5 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup Asiago cheese , shredded
- 4 slices bacon , cooked, drained of fat, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Trim asparagus ends.
- Place asparagus in a 2.5 quart casserole dish, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, mix everything well. Mix in the minced garlic.
- Roast, uncovered, at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
Sprinkle half of shredded Asiago cheese all over asparagus, then add chopped cooked bacon, then top with the remaining half of shredded Asiago cheese. Roast for 10 more minutes, uncovered at 425 F. Asparagus should be crispy and crunchy.