Creamy Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Tortellini – a delicious and quick way to cook tortellini at home!
You just can’t go wrong with the combination of cream, tortellini, bacon, and chicken (cooked in olive oil and Italian seasoning). Add asparagus to that, and you have a really great looking and delicious dinner!
Next time you see the package of tortellini at your local grocery store, you know what to make!
First, cook the tortellini according to the package instructions, and while tortellini are cooking, steam or boil asparagus to the desired crispiness.
Then, cook the chicken in olive oil and Italian seasoning, then combine all the ingredients (including chopped cooked bacon) in a large skillet:
Next, add heavy cream and boil for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens. You can also add shredded Parmesan cheese (optional) if you desire.
Store-bought tortellini is a great way to have a quick, Italian-style pasta at home without much effort!
Creamy Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Tortellini - delicious Italian-style dinner you can make at home!
- 2 cups tortellini , uncooked
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, and then drain.
- While the tortellini is cooking, cook the asparagus as you prefer: steam it or boil it in hot water. I boiled it quickly in hot water to the desired crispiness. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped chicken breast, sprinkle it generously with salt and Italian seasoning and cook the chicken, occasionally stirring, until it is completely cooked through.
- In the skillet where you just cooked chicken, combine cooked tortellini, cooked asparagus, cooked chicken, and 2/3 of the amount of chopped cooked bacon (reserving the rest of the bacon for later).
- Add heavy cream. Bring to boil and boil for 1-2 minutes, occasionally stirring. Sauce should thicken. Add shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired, and stir it in, while the sauce is boiling. Remove from heat.
- Top with the remaining chopped cooked bacon and serve.