Creamy Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini Recipe – delicious, easy, weeknight dinner, made in 30 minutes! You’ll love the combination of flavors (garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil) along with the super creamy Mozzarella cheese sauce!
Next time you see tortellini in your local grocery store, you know what recipe you can make – this creamy tortellini packed with veggies: sun-dried tomatoes, basil and spinach, and smothered in a creamy Mozzarella sauce!
If you’re looking for easy tortellini sauce recipes, this is one of the best pasta sauces you’ll ever try – restaurant quality!
Use fresh basil and fresh baby spinach leaves for best results – see the recipe below for details.
Enjoy your dinner!
This recipe takes only 30 minutes! You'll love the combination of flavors (garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil) along with the super creamy Mozzarella cheese sauce coating the tortellini.
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil in a jar, drained from oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/3 cups half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 10 oz tortellini uncooked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded, to serve
- Heat sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add minced garlic and cook for about a minute. Add fresh spinach and continue cooking and stirring on medium heat until spinach just starts to wilt. Add half and half, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, paprika and bring to boil, reduce to simmer and add mozzarella cheese. Stir to melt. Add chopped fresh basil.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain, rinse.
- Add cooked tortellini to the sauce, mix to coat, warm on medium-low heat. Taste, add more salt if needed (1/4 teaspoon salt that you already added in a previous step should be perfect) .
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.