Creamy Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini Recipe - delicious, easy, weeknight dinner, made in 30 minutes! You'll love the combination of flavors (garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil) along with the super creamy Mozzarella cheese sauce!
Next time you see tortellini in your local grocery store, you know what recipe you can make - this creamy tortellini packed with veggies: sun-dried tomatoes, basil and spinach, and smothered in a creamy Mozzarella sauce!
If you're looking for easy tortellini sauce recipes, this is one of the best pasta sauces you'll ever try - restaurant quality!
Use fresh basil and fresh baby spinach leaves for best results - see the recipe below for details.
Enjoy your dinner!
Creamy Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil in a jar, drained from oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1 ⅓ cups half and half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 10 oz tortellini uncooked
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded, to serve
- Heat sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add minced garlic and cook for about a minute. Add fresh spinach and continue cooking and stirring on medium heat until spinach just starts to wilt. Add half and half, ¼ teaspoon of salt, paprika and bring to boil, reduce to simmer and add mozzarella cheese. Stir to melt. Add chopped fresh basil.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain, rinse.
- Add cooked tortellini to the sauce, mix to coat, warm on medium-low heat. Taste, add more salt if needed (¼ teaspoon salt that you already added in a previous step should be perfect) .
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.