Creamy Sausage Tortellini with Spinach, Tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese sauce - Italian style easy dinner! Buy those pre-made tortellini in the store, smother them with this delicious homemade creamy sauce, and your dinner is ready!
Creamy Mozzarella, Sausage, Spinach, and Tomato Tortellini - easy, delicious pasta dinner that's easy to make, yet it tastes like something you would get in a good Italian restaurant. You'll love this recipe and the simplicity of how to make it.
For this recipe, I used fresh pork sausage (uncooked), Jimmy Dean brand, the kind of sausage that comes uncooked in a sausage roll, 16 oz. I used the regular pork sausage, and the Italian sausage can be used too. I like to use this kind of sausage, because it's flavorful, simple, crumbly and easy to cook.
Sausage is cooked first, the fat is drained, the diced tomatoes from the can (including the liquid from the can) are added. Next, cook the tortellini, and add it to the same skillet. Then, you pretty much combine the rest of the ingredients together. That's how easy it is to make this sausage pasta dinner.
Creamy Sausage Tortellini with Spinach, Tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese sauce
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, crumbling it and stirring, on medium heat until done and no longer pink. Drain the fat from the skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes (with the liquid from the can of diced tomatoes) to the skillet. Add red pepper flakes, paprika. Mix on low simmer.
- In a separate pan, cook tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain, and add them to the pan with the sausage and tomatoes.
- Add uncooked spinach, mix. Add half and half, bring to gentle boil, reduce to simmer, cover with lid and let spinach wilt for a couple of minutes, covered. Remove the lid, stir. Bring the mixture to a gentle medium boil. Add ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Taste, and add salt, extra paprika, and extra crushed red pepper flakes, if needed, to taste.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.