Easy and quick Ravioli with Basil Pesto, Mozzarella Cheese, and Vegetables takes only 30 minutes to make, with just 6 ingredients! This simple and healthy Italian pasta is a perfect family weeknight dinner!
This pesto ravioli was inspired by a delicious pesto mozzarella salad. Colorful cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, Mozzarella cheese are all combined together with ravioli and smothered with basil pesto. This recipe couldn't get any easier! Just chop the veggies, cook the ravioli, and mix everything with pesto. Perfect meatless pasta recipe for a busy weeknight! Crave some protein with ravioli? Try this chicken ravioli with veggies.
I used store-bought cheese ravioli. There are so many kinds of high-quality ravioli sold in the grocery stores these days. You can use any type of ravioli - stuffed with ricotta cheese, spinach, or pesto. They will all work great!
Want to make your own ravioli? If you like goat cheese, try Homemade ravioli with goat cheese and spinach filling. Or, if you prefer ricotta cheese, make Ravioli with spinach and ricotta cheese filling, in tomato cream sauce.
Here is why you'll love this recipe as much as I did:
- 6 ingredients. Yes, this recipe requires only 6 ingredients. You need red cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, small Mozzarella cheese balls, avocado, basil pesto, and ravioli. Pretty basic, isn't it?
- 30-minute recipe. It takes only 30 minutes to make pesto ravioli from start to finish. All you need is get the vegetables ready and cook the ravioli. Then, just toss everything with basil pesto. So easy!
- Use any kind of ravioli. I used cheese ravioli. You can use ravioli stuffed with anything. Cheese, pesto, spinach, etc.
- Basil Pesto. I used store-bought basil pesto. I have stopped making my own pesto because the one I buy at the store is so good. However, if you do want a recipe for homemade pesto, try this basil pesto.
What to serve with pesto ravioli
- Chicken. If you want to add some protein to this meatless recipe, make this easy seared chicken.
- Seafood. If you crave seafood, add salmon with asparagus or make baked halibut. Or, serve pesto ravioli with seared scallops and bacon or with pesto shrimp.
- Bread. Get a fresh loaf of Italian bread or baguette, drizzle with olive oil, and serve with pesto ravioli!
- Salad. Tomato Mozzarella Salad is a great choice. Or, make a pesto salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado.
Other delicious pasta recipes with pesto
- Chicken Ravioli with Pesto and Veggies
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Mushrooms
- Pesto Chicken Tortellini and Veggies
Amazing ravioli recipes
- Italian ravioli
- Pumpkin ravioli with brown butter and pecans
- Homemade ravioli with goat cheese and spinach filling
- Ravioli with spinach and ricotta cheese filling
Ravioli with Pesto and Vegetables
- ½ pound red cherry tomatoes , halved
- ½ pound yellow cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 avocado , diced
- 6 oz small fresh Mozzarella cheese balls
- 8 oz ravioli
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- In a large bowl, combine halved red and yellow cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, small fresh mozzarella cheese balls.
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add cooked and drained ravioli to the bowl with vegetables.
- Add basil pesto to the bowl. Toss gently to combine.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Absolutely delicious!! Saving this to my "favorites" board on Pinterest. Thank you Julia!!
Thank you Julia for your creative and healthy recipes. I’ve tried the strawberry and bananas and blueberries bread. It’s amazing, my kids love it.
So glad you like my recipes! Thank you for such a kind comment!