Seared Scallops with Bacon in Lemon Butter Sauce – this tastes just like bacon wrapped scallops but is much easier to make! Only 30 minutes from start to finish!
This is one of the easiest scallop recipes you’ll ever try! And, if you love bacon – go for it!
These seared scallops with bacon in lemon butter sauce are amazing! Keep in mind, that what you see in the photo above is 1 pound worth of scallops, and, after it’s cooked, it’s only enough to be served as a light appetizer before the main meal. Quite a delicious appetizer, but still – just an appetizer!
The buttery sauce with lemon and bacon is super yummy – you’ll enjoy every bit of it!
Seared Scallops with Bacon in Lemon Butter Sauce - this tastes just like bacon wrapped scallops but is much easier to make! Only 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 5 strips bacon , uncooked, chopped
- 1 lb scallops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons wine or use lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter , softened but not melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley , fresh, chopped
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet until cooked.
- Dry scallops with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the large skillet until very hot, add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and immediately add scallops. Sear on high heat, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet.
- Add 3 tablespoons lemon juice (and maybe 2 more tablespoons white wine). Scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, add softened butter (but not melted) - to create a creamy sauce. Add chopped bacon. Add back scallops. Top with chopped parsley