One-Pot Salsa Verde Penne Pasta with Sausage, Black Beans, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese – delicious, easy, 6-ingredient, 30-minute recipe that you’ll love! Super cheesy pasta with Southwestern flavors.
How to make salsa verde pasta
- The very first step is to cook penne pasta, until al dente. Use a deep large saucepan. Then, rinse and drain. Remove cooked pasta from the saucepan.
- In the same (now empty) saucepan, crumble the pork sausage and cook pork sausage until completely cooked. You don’t need to use any oil – sausage has enough of its own oil too cook in.
- Next, add salsa verde and drained black beans (from the can) to the same saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Add cooked pasta, Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses. Mix everything carefully (not to break pasta), reduce heat to medium and cook just until pasta heats through and the cheese melts.
Below are some step-by-step photos demonstrating main steps:
I love making this One-Pot Salsa Verde Pasta with Sausage and Black Beans for an easy dinner and then save the leftovers for lunch! What a comfort food! This recipe works great with gluten free brown rice penne (which is what I use).
Other Southwestern Recipes
This penne pasta has rich Southwestern flavors and is so easy to make! One-Pot Salsa Verde Pasta with Sausage, Black Beans, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese - delicious, easy, 6-ingredient, 30-minute recipe.
- 10 oz penne pasta (use gluten free brown rice penne for gluten free version)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 24 oz salsa verde
- 15 oz black beans from the can, drained
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
In a large saucepan, bring water to boil and cook pasta, until al dente. Rinse and drain. Remove pasta from the saucepan.
In the same (now empty) saucepan, crumble pork sausage and cook it until completely cooked.
Add salsa and drained black beans. Bring to boil.
Add cooked pasta and cheeses. Mix everything carefully, reduce heat to medium and cook just until pasta heats through and the cheese melts.
Inspired by this recipe on BHG.com