In this Mexican Chicken Pasta, sliced chicken breast is cooked in Mexican spices, with bell peppers and green chiles, and then smothered in a creamy sauce made with Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses and spices! You'll love this easy-to-make comfort food!
I am a huge fan of pasta and Mexican cuisine. So, I decided to combine these 2 food passions of mine into one and make this Mexican style chicken pasta! It's so unbelievably good! It's like eating chicken taco or a chicken burrito but instead you're eating it as pasta.
If you want a delicious dish packed with Mexican-style flavors - this super easy pasta recipe is for you!
How to make Mexican chicken pasta
Start my cooking sliced chicken breast with spices (cumin, chili powder), adding and cooking sliced bell peppers and canned green chiles in a large skillet:
Then, add cooked pasta to the same skillet:
Mix everything in:
Finally, add Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses, heavy cream and milk, and cook until the sauce is smooth and creamy:
Enjoy this delicious, creamy, Mexican-style pasta:
Mexican Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cumin divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder divided
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- 2 bell peppers of different colors, or 8 small bell peppers, cleaned and sliced
- 4 oz green chiles diced
- 8 oz pasta fettuccine
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Slice chicken into small bites. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken slices and immediately add half of cumin, half of chili powder and half the amount of salt. Cook for several minutes on high heat, constantly turning, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add sliced bell peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes until they soften. Add diced green chiles. Add back cooked chicken to the skillet.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables.
- Add heavy cream and milk, bring to boil. Immediately add cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the remaining half of the spices, and mix to combine. Adjust seasonings, and add more salt, cumin, and chili powder, if needed.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I love all your recipes. I recently joined WW and would like to substitute some of your creamy recipes made with heavy cream with something lighter. Do you think most of your recipes I could substitute nonfat Greek yogurt?
Tasha, I haven't tested the creamy sauce recipes with Greek yogurt yet so I am not really sure. Another alternative could be making a slurry with olive oil and a small amount of flour (you can use gluten-free if you like). And then slowly whisk in milk while the sauce simmers. You can use regular milk, oat milk, cashew milk, almond milk, etc.
I made the Mexican Chicken Pasta & it was absolutely delicious! Like eating chicken fajitas in pasta. Cheesy, tasty & yummy!
Toni, thank you for trying the recipe, and glad you loved it! 🙂 Thanks for the comment and the 5-stars! 🙂