Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta is an easy recipe that combines protein, carbs, and veggies in a simple homemade cream sauce. It's a perfect dish for creamy chicken pasta lovers!
If you're tired of dry, tasteless chicken breast recipes, then it's time to try different ways to cook chicken. In this creamy chicken and broccoli alfredo pasta, the chicken is moist and tender, as it is smothered in a creamy, white cheese alfredo sauce. This delicious family favorite dinner combines protein (chicken), carbs (pasta), veggies (broccoli) and a homemade creamy sauce.
This recipe has been repinned literally a million times, because it's simple and quick, with the amazing alfredo sauce made completely from scratch.
What do you put in Alfredo sauce?
Basic alfredo sauce recipe generally requires only heavy cream, garlic, Parmesan cheese, a little bit of butter. Garlic is always welcome, too.
What cheese to use in Alfredo sauce?
This recipe works with Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, all shredded. I use short pasta (penne) which I find is perfect for creamy sauces as it feels like you get more sauce with each bite.
How do you make Alfredo sauce without heavy cream?
You can make alfredo sauce with half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream. If you do use half-and-half or milk, you will have to use more butter.
Other creamy chicken pasta recipes
If you liked this chicken broccoli alfredo pasta recipe, you will also enjoy these recipes:
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken, Broccoli, and Bacon - homemade alfredo sauce recipe with the addition of bacon!
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce - creamy pasta with the sun-dried tomato and basil cream sauce.
- Chicken and Bacon Pasta with Tomatoes and Spinach - in this recipe, sliced chicken breast and bacon are tossed with veggies and penne pasta in a delicious, creamy, homemade Alfredo sauce made with Parmesan cheese.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- 10 ounces broccoli
- 8 ounces penne pasta (for gluten free, use gluten-free brown rice penne)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lb chicken breast (1 large chicken breast)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups Parmesan cheese, or Mozzarella cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well. Cut into small florets.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter on medium-high heat (until hot but not smoking) and saute chicken breast (seasoned generously with salt and pepper on both sides) for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the skillet from heat, cover with the lid, and let the chicken rest, off heat, covered, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and is completely cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add minced garlic to the same skillet and cook it in chicken juices and oil remaining in the pan, scraping up the chicken bits from the bottom of the pan, on medium heat for about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant, making sure to avoid burning. Add cooked and sliced broccoli and mix in with garlic. Remove from the pan.
- To make the creamy sauce, in the same skillet heat up 1 cup of heavy cream until it boils. Immediately add the cheese and stir until melted and creamy. Reduce heat to medium-low, and slowly, in small portions, add milk, constantly stirring, simmering, until a creamy consistency is reached.
- Add cooked pasta to the creamy sauce, then add broccoli. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced, cooked chicken.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.