Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta Recipe – chicken breast, broccoli, garlic in a simple homemade cream sauce. Everybody (both kids and adults) love this delicious and creamy pasta dish!
If you’re tired of dry, tasteless chicken breast recipes, then it’s time to try different ways to cook chicken. This cheesy chicken and broccoli pasta dish (or chicken broccoli alfredo) is super easy to make, and the chicken breast is moist and tender, as it is smothered in a creamy, white cheese alfredo sauce.
This recipe has been repinned literally a million times, because it’s simple and quick, with the amazing alfredo sauce made completely from scratch. I’ve made this pasta alfredo so many times and used different kinds of cheese. This recipe works with Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, all shredded. I use short pasta (penne) which I find is perfect for creamy sauces as it feels like you get more sauce with each bite with short pasta.
What do you put in Alfredo sauce?
Basic alfredo sauce recipe generally requires only heavy cream, garlic, Parmesan cheese, a little bit of butter. Garlic is always welcome, too.
How do you make Alfredo sauce without heavy cream?
You can make alfredo sauce with half and half or milk. If you do use half and half or milk, you will have to use more butter.
This chicken broccoli alfredo has become one of my most favorite chicken dinner recipes! It’s perfect for boneless skinless chicken breasts you might have sitting idly in your fridge!
Ingredients you’ll need for this chicken broccoli alfredo:
Parmesan cheese (you can also use Mozzarella cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese)
If you liked this chicken broccoli alfredo pasta recipe, you will also enjoy these recipes:
Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken, Broccoli, and Bacon – homemade alfredo sauce recipe with the addition of bacon!
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce – creamy pasta with the sun-dried tomato and basil cream sauce.
The most delicious and easy alfredo sauce recipe. Short pasta (penne) is a great choice as it makes it even easier to make the creamy sauce. You also feel like you get more sauce with every bite with shorter pasta.
- 10 ounces broccoli
- 8 ounces penne pasta (for gluten free, use gf brown rice penne)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pound chicken breast (1 large chicken breast)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese, or Mozzarella cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese , shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well. Cut into small florets.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter on medium-high heat (until hot but not smoking) and saute chicken breast (seasoned generously with salt and pepper on both sides) for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the skillet from heat, cover with the lid, and let the chicken rest, off heat, covered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add minced garlic to the same skillet and cook it in chicken juices and oil remaining in the pan, scraping up the chicken bits from the bottom of the pan, on medium heat for about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant, making sure to avoid burning. Add cooked and sliced broccoli and mix in with garlic. Remove from the pan.
- To make the creamy sauce, in the same skillet heat up 1 cup of heavy cream until it boils. Immediately add the cheese and stir until melted and nice and creamy. Reduce heat to medium-low, and slowly, in small portions, add milk, constantly stirring, simmering, until nice and creamy consistency is reached.
Add cooked pasta to the creamy sauce, then add broccoli. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced, cooked chicken.