Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken, Broccoli, and Bacon – creamy pasta recipe with the homemade alfredo sauce!
This pasta has all of my favorite ingredients: creamy broccoli, bacon, chicken breast – all combined in a delicious creamy Parmesan sauce.
What is fettuccine pasta?
Fettuccine is a type of pasta that is long, flat, and wide. It’s very popular in Italy, and in the US, too.
What is fettuccine alfredo?
Fettuccine alfredo is simply fettuccine pasta tossed in a creamy sauce made with cream and Parmesan cheese. It’s very easy to make, yet the simple technique of making the alfredo sauce does take some practice.
I personally prefer to add more stuff to just creamy pasta, which is why this recipe is loaded seared chicken breast, broccoli, and cooked bacon. This is a great recipe for those who want protein (chicken) and veggies added to their pasta.
Ingredients you will need to make fettuccine alfredo:
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese shredded
fettuccine pasta (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice fettuccine)
boneless and skinless chicken breasts
How do you make fettuccine alfredo?
- Use the same skillet you just used for cooking chicken. It will have the oils and bit left from chicken and you want them in your sauce. Add minced garlic. Also, add heavy cream and milk and bring to boil. Add shredded Parmesan cheese and stir everything until the sauce gets very creamy. Reduce heat midway as the cheese starts to melt.
- Add cooked pasta, and stir everything well.
This Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken, Broccoli, and Bacon is one of the best ways to cook chicken breast! The chicken breast is super flavorful and juicy as it is smothered in a silky creamy sauce that keeps it moist and tender. You will never want to eat a boring chicken breast after cooking it this way.
If you liked this fettuccine alfredo, you will also love these recipes that have chicken and pasta:
Classic Fettuccine Alfredo recipe but with the addition of extra yummy ingredients: Chicken, Broccoli, and Bacon. Great recipe for those who want some protein (chicken) and veggies in their creamy pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice fettuccine)
- 2 cups broccoli florets cooked
- 7 strips bacon
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook chicken breast on high heat for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned, then remove the skillet from heat and keep the chicken covered to continue cooking it in its own steam until no longer pink. Remove chicken from the skillet. You can also use pre-cooked chicken. Cut chicken into thin slices.
Add minced garlic to the same skillet, with oils and bits left from cooking the chicken. Add heavy cream, milk, bring to boil. Add cheese and stir till it completely melts into a creamy sauce.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain.
Add cooked pasta, cooked bacon, cooked broccoli to the creamy sauce and mix everything in. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with sliced cooked chicken.
What is half-and-half?
Substitute 1/2 cup of milk + 1/2 cup of heavy cream for 1 cup of half-and-half.