Tomato Basil Avocado Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Dressing – you’ll love this refreshing, healthy, Mediterranean style salad. Made with fresh ingredients, it’s perfect for the Summer!
This recipe is simple and uses just a few ingredients: tomatoes, fresh basil, avocado, Mozzarella cheese, and easy homemade balsamic dressing.
One of my favorite salad dressings ever is just a simple dressing with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey. It goes really well with these salad ingredients:
This salad is perfect as a stand-alone meal if you’re not too hungry, it makes a great appetizer, and it’s also great to bring for cook-outs, picnics, and potlucks.
This recipe is simple and uses just a few ingredients: tomatoes, fresh basil, avocado, Mozzarella cheese, and easy homemade balsamic dressing. Healthy and delicious! Makes a great side dish to all kinds of grilled meats and fish!
- 1/2 pound red grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 1/2 pound yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 2 avocados , diced
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil , chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey , warmed
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, except Mozzarella cheese balls. That is, combine halved red and yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, chopped basil.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients: whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey until nice and smooth.
- Add the salad dressing to the large bowl with salad, sprinkle with a small amount of salt, and toss to combine. Taste and season with more salt, if needed. Add Mozzarella cheese balls on top only at this point - so that they don't brown from the dressing.