Paprika Chicken, Asparagus, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Skillet - delicious, easy-to-make, 30 minutes from start to finish Mediterranean dinner!
In this recipe, I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked in paprika and sun-dried tomatoes. I loved how the chicken tasted: super flavorful, moist, tender, easy-to-cook and easy on the budget! Chicken and asparagus go so well together, just take a look at these recipes: One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies and Basil Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and Veggies.
How to cook paprika chicken
The recipe is basically done in 2 easy steps.
First, cook the chicken in olive oil, paprika, and sun-dried tomatoes until the chicken is completely cooked through. I used julienned sun-dried tomatoes, and I chopped them into even smaller bites. I used olive oil right from the jar with sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle chicken with salt as you're cooking:
Then, remove the chicken from the skillet, and cook the asparagus (ends trimmed, cut in half) with some more chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt over asparagus as you're cooking it.
Finally, add the cooked chicken back to the skillet, reheat, and serve. Your Mediterranean dinner is ready. In 30 minutes!
Paprika Chicken, Asparagus, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Skillet
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes julienned, drained of most of oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar
- 1 lb chicken thighs , boneless, skinless, sliced into thinner strips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes (drained of most oil) into smaller bites (I used julienned sun-dried tomatoes).
- Heat half the amount of chopped sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into thinner strips. Cook the chicken in olive oil and sun-dried tomatoes.
- While cooking, season chicken thighs generously with salt (about ¼ teaspoon), and sprinkle with paprika from all sides (use either ¼ teaspoon or ½ teaspoon paprika, to taste). Chicken should be nicely colored but not too red.
- Cook chicken until completely cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet, leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Add asparagus to the skillet with the remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes. If there is not enough oil in the skillet from the chicken, add 1 tablespoon more of olive oil (from the jar).
- Season asparagus generously with salt, and cook asparagus with sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover the skillet with the lid, and let the asparagus continue cooking, off heat, until crispy.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, reheat, and serve.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.