This easy Chicken Bake with Ham and Swiss Cheese takes only 30 minutes to make! Super easy recipe with lots of flavors! Dijon mustard, ham slices, and Swiss cheese are layered on top of the chicken breasts and then baked for about 30 minutes.
This ham and cheese chicken bake is just like stuffed chicken but much easier. I love stuffed chicken but sometimes I want something REALLY simple like this baked ranch chicken or comforting buffalo chicken bake with bacon. In this recipe, you don’t need to roll the chicken meat, or use a toothpick to hold chicken together. Everything is easy!
All you need is a casserole dish (or a deep baking dish) and the recipe ingredients. The simple cooking technique in this recipe is very similar to my super popular cream cheese chicken.
Pile all the ingredients on top of one another in a casserole dish and bake! The result is delicious! Ham, Swiss cheese, and mustard on the chicken breast are an amazing combination!
- Use thinly sliced chicken breasts. If you have large chicken breasts, slice them horizontally in half to make them thinner. You don’t even need to pound the chicken. This way, you have less chicken meat for all the good stuff on top, and, therefore, you get more flavor with each bite!
- Thinly sliced chicken breasts should be cooked through in 20 minutes (in the preheated oven at 375 F). However, keep in mind that your chicken may cook longer depending on your oven and the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Use any kind of mustard: Dijon mustard, grainy mustard, etc. Use 1 tablespoon of mustard per each chicken breast.
What to serve with Ham and Cheese Chicken?
Serve simple, comforting side dishes:
- Mashed potatoes
- Jasmine rice or flavored rice
- Roasted veggies, such as asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers
- Cauliflower “mashed potatoes” (made without actual potatoes) or cauliflower rice
I recommend these sides:
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Asiago Cheese and Bacon
- Parmesan Rice with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Other chicken bake recipes
If you like the simplicity of this chicken with ham and cheese, then you’ll love these recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Bake with Bacon
- Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Chicken
- Bacon Cream Cheese Cheddar Chicken Bake
How to make chicken with ham and cheese
1) Add chicken breasts to casserole dish.
2) Spread Dijon mustard over the chicken breast.
3) Wrap ham slices over each chicken breast.
4) Top chicken and ham with slices of Swiss cheese.
5) Wrap Swiss cheese slices around each chicken breast.
6) Bake for 30 minutes until the chicken with ham and cheese is cooked through.
7) Top with chopped herbs and cooked crumbled bacon.
This easy Chicken Bake with Ham and Swiss Cheese takes only 30 minutes to make! Super easy recipe with lots of flavors! Dijon mustard, ham slices and Swiss cheese are layered on top of the chicken breasts and then baked.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 4 slices ham , black forest
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon , crumbled, cooked
- 2 tablespoon parsley , fresh, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Add thinly sliced chicken breasts to the baking dish.
Spread 1 tablespoon of mustard over each chicken breast.
Top with ham slices. Fold slices of ham around the chicken breasts.
Top with sliced cheese. Fold slices of cheese around the chicken breasts.
Bake at 375 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Top with crumbled bacon and chopped fresh parsley.