Looking for easy baked chicken recipes? Well, go no further than this Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken! What’s great about this recipe? It uses basic ingredients that just about everybody loves! Everything is baked together in one casserole dish. Chicken and 2 kinds of cheese. Try it and see for yourself! This chicken bake is low carb, high fat, KETO friendly, gluten free recipe.
Perfect recipe for those nights when you don’t have much time on your hands to fiddle with too many complicated ingredients. Baked chicken recipes these days often include some sophisticated ingredients and complicated cooking techniques. Not here.
This Bacon, Creamy Cheese, Cheddar Chicken is simple and delicious, with the minimum prep, and everything is baked in 30 minutes! And you use good old casserole dish. It’s a KETO friendly, low-carb, gluten free recipe.
- The recipe uses chicken breasts. You can also use skinless boneless chicken thighs and follow the recipe as is.
- The recipe uses shredded Cheddar cheese. You can use also use Colby Jack cheese (combination of Colby cheese and Monterey Jack cheese).
- Use small chicken breasts. If you purchased large chicken breasts, slice each one in half horizontally, to make it thinner. Or, purchase thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. The thinner the chicken breasts are, the quicker the dish will cook. On average, the chicken should be done in 20-30 minutes.
- Bake the chicken uncovered, so that the cheese on top gets crispy.
What makes this chicken KETO friendly recipe
- This recipe contains cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon. All these ingredients have high fat, low sugar content.
- This recipe contains foods that are high in protein but low in carb, such as chicken breasts.
- There is no flour, no grains, nothing with gluten in this recipe.
Steps to make this easy baked cream cheese cheddar chicken recipe:
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. Then, add chicken breasts.
Next, sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Top with cream cheese.
Next, top with chopped cooked bacon.
Finally, top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Oozing with cream cheese, this bacon cheddar chicken is so good! I hope you enjoy it and leave your review!
Related KETO Friendly Chicken Recipes
- Low-carb, gluten free chicken bake with Cheddar cheese: Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Chicken
- Chicken breasts are smothered with creamed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon, and then baked in the oven: Chicken Smothered with Bacon and Creamed Spinach
- Here is another low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten free chicken breast recipe with Mozzarella cheese: Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Side dishes to serve with chicken
- Cooked greens will always go great with this chicken dish. Cooked spinach, roasted asparagus, green beans, or cooked broccoli. Also, mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes are great.
- You can also use flavored rice. Or, try this cilantro-lime rice (with or without black beans).
- Here is an excellent recipe for roasted asparagus with bacon and cheese.
- I also love these Asiago cheese roasted broccoli, they are so crunchy I usually have a hard time not eating them all by myself.
Looking for easy baked chicken recipes? Do you like chicken and cream cheese together? Then, this Bacon, Cream Cheese, and Cheddar Chicken is a great choice! Super easy to make! And, you use simple ingredients. This chicken bake is low carb, high fat, KETO friendly, gluten free recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, horizontally)
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. I used the the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Note about chicken: use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Top with cream cheese. Cream cheese should be cold, right out of the fridge, sliced into 8 thin slices.
- Top with chopped cooked bacon (drained from fat).
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
What have I been cooking in my kitchen?
2 Years Ago: Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Black Bean Rice
3 Years Ago: Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti
4 Years Ago: Apple, Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake
5 Years Ago: Spicy Shrimp with Mango Salsa and Rice