Looking for easy baked chicken recipes? Well, go no further than this Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken! What's great about this recipe? It uses basic ingredients that just about everybody loves! Everything is baked together in one casserole dish. Chicken and 2 kinds of cheese. Try it and see for yourself! This chicken bake is low carb, high fat, KETO friendly, gluten free recipe.
Perfect recipe for those nights when you don't have much time on your hands to fiddle with too many complicated ingredients. This recipe is very similar to my popular broccoli bacon cheddar chicken. Baked chicken recipes these days often include some sophisticated ingredients and complicated cooking techniques, but not here. It's a KETO friendly, low-carb, and gluten free recipe.
This Bacon, Creamy Cheese, Cheddar Chicken is simple and delicious, with the minimum prep, and everything is baked in 30 minutes, just like in this ranch chicken bake! And, if you want to make your chicken bake with ham instead, you can make ham and cheese chicken.
And, in all of these recipes you use good old casserole dish.
- The recipe uses chicken breasts. You can also use skinless boneless chicken thighs and follow the recipe as is.
- The recipe uses shredded Cheddar cheese. You can use also use Colby Jack cheese (combination of Colby cheese and Monterey Jack cheese).
- Use small chicken breasts. If you purchased large chicken breasts, slice each one in half horizontally, to make it thinner. Or, purchase thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. The thinner the chicken breasts are, the quicker the dish will cook. On average, the chicken should be done in 20-30 minutes.
- Bake the chicken uncovered, so that the cheese on top gets crispy.
What makes this chicken KETO friendly recipe
- This recipe contains cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon. All these ingredients have high fat, low sugar content.
- This recipe contains foods that are high in protein but low in carb, such as chicken breasts.
- There is no flour, no grains, nothing with gluten in this recipe.
Steps to make this easy baked cream cheese cheddar chicken recipe:
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. Then, add chicken breasts.
Next, sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Top with cream cheese.
Next, top with chopped cooked bacon.
Finally, top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Oozing with cream cheese, this bacon cheddar chicken is so good! I hope you enjoy it and leave your review!
Related KETO Friendly Chicken Recipes
- Chicken breasts are smothered with creamed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon, and then baked in the oven: Chicken Smothered with Bacon and Creamed Spinach
- Here is another low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten free chicken breast recipe with Mozzarella cheese: Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Side dishes to serve with chicken
- Cooked greens will always go great with this chicken dish. Cooked spinach, roasted asparagus, green beans, or cooked broccoli. Also, mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes are great.
- You can also use flavored rice. Or, try this cilantro-lime rice (with or without black beans).
- Here is an excellent recipe for roasted asparagus with bacon and cheese.
- I also love these Asiago cheese roasted broccoli, they are so crunchy I usually have a hard time not eating them all by myself.
Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, horizontally)
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. I used the the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Note about chicken: use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Top with cream cheese. Cream cheese should be cold, right out of the fridge, sliced into 8 thin slices.
- Top with chopped cooked bacon (drained from fat).
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Love this recipe do you think you could use like the soft bacon bits the real ones instead of cooking bacon
That's what I use when I don't feel like cooking the bacon. I use the Oscar Meyer bacon bits or recipe pieces. Works great!
That's a great shortcut!
Milo, yes, you can use bacon bits!
We really loved this creative recipe! Will definitely be making again and again!!
Rose, that makes me really happy - thank you for such a positive comment! 🙂
I am a broke student who uses this often as it is nutritious, and cheap please post more recipes with few ingredients like these to keep cost down and health up 🙂
Thank you, Slade! I am glad you found this recipe budget-friendly and easy to make! I should really make a clear category to find these recipes more easily on my site as I have quite a few.
Here are some other recipes you might like:
quel type de fromage à la crème SVP Merci
It can be mascarpone or Neufchâtel Cheese. I hope this helps. 🙂 Enjoy!
I am in love with this recipe! I found it one night after looking in fridge and realizing I really needed to go shopping. My husband who tends to be picky and isn’t always a fan of my”Honey try this” meals devoured it and wanted more. He even asked me to add to must have again list! Thank you for sharing.
Rebecca, I am so flattered by your comment! So glad you loved this recipe and glad you stopped by to share this wonderful feedback with me! 🙂
I am in love with this recipe! I found it one night after looking in fridge and realizing I really needed to go shopping. My husband (who tends to be picky and isn’t always a fan of my”Honey try this” meals devoured it and wanted more. He even asked me to add to must have again list! Thank you for sharing.
Have have done this recipe 8-10 times and I enjoy it more then the last time. My family enjoys it when they visit and on holidays. Thank you so much Darlene
Darlene, I am so happy to hear this recipe is a favorite! Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive comment and the 5 stars! 🙂