Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Basil Rice – Mediterranean recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes! It’s light, flavorful, colorful, and perfect for the Summer!
This easy rice recipe is a perfect side dish for grilled meats, fish, and it’s gluten free!
I love sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan. All these ingredients combine really well with rice. I used Jasmine rice as it has the best texture for this kind of dish: light and fluffy.
Enjoy this easy recipe!
Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Basil Rice - Mediterranean recipe that's ready in 30 minutes! It's light, flavorful, colorful, and perfect for the Summer!
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Jasmine rice , uncooked, or use any rice that says on the package that it takes 15 minutes to cook it
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped + more, for garnish
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Use large, deep skillet or a large sauce pan.
- Add chicken broth, uncooked rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Mix everything well. Reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the skillet with the lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered, on low boiling simmer, until the rice is cooked through. If the rice absorbs all of the broth but is still tough, add about 1/2 cup water to the rice, cover with lid, and cook on low simmer until all water is absorbed, and the rice is cooked and tender in texture.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil and chopped into smaller bites, chopped fresh basil (about 10 large leaves), and 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese to the skillet with rice. Mix everything. Taste, and add more salt or olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar, to taste.
- Garnish with more fresh basil.