If you love chicken and bacon recipes (and who doesn't?), you will really enjoy this easy Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Chicken dinner. Just throw everything on top of chicken in casserole dish, and then bake in one pan for 30 minutes! Done! Low-carb, gluten-free, keto friendly chicken recipe.
I'd like to note that there is nothing creative about this recipe. All the ingredients are very basic: chicken, broccoli, bacon, cheddar cheese. But the assembly and the cooking technique are so easy, which I hope makes this dish attractive to many, especially to those who love chicken and broccoli recipes.
And, by the way, in terms of simplicity and the ingredients, this recipe is very similar to my ranch chicken bake and buffalo chicken bake with bacon. It's all about making our dinners easy without sacrificing taste and our favorite ingredients.
Keto Friendly Chicken Recipes
Here are some more keto friendly recipes similar to this one. If you want to cook low carb, gluten free, high protein and higher fat recipes, take a look at these:
- Gluten free and low-carb chicken bake: Bacon Cream Cheese Cheddar Chicken
- Chicken breasts are smothered with creamed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon, and then baked in the oven: Chicken Smothered with Bacon and Creamed Spinach
- And, one more super delicious low-carb, gluten free and keto-friendly chicken recipe: Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
When you don't have too much time on your hands and don't want to think about what to cook for dinner - make this broccoli bacon chicken!
I recommend to blanch the broccoli before adding it on top of chicken (blanching means adding broccoli to boiling water just for a couple of minutes, removing it and draining it well). Blanching the broccoli makes it moist and brighter in color.
How to make this broccoli bacon cheddar chicken:
First, add chicken breasts to the casserole dish:
Then, add blanched broccoli on top of chicken. Blanched just means that you add broccoli to boiling water for a couple of minutes, then drain it well - it makes the broccoli moist and brighter in color:
Next, add chopped cooked bacon on top of broccoli and chicken:
Add shredded Mozzarella cheese:
Finally, add shredded Cheddar cheese:
Bake your bacon broccoli chicken for about 30 minutes at 400 F in the preheated oven. The exact baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, horizontally)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets , blanched, chopped
- 6 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- ⅓ cup Mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. I used the the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
- Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Note about chicken: use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Top with chopped and blanched broccoli florets.
- Top with chopped cooked bacon.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.