Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken

best chicken breast recipes, how to cook chicken breasts in the oven, bacon chicken recipes

Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken – easy chicken dinner that uses basic ingredients! Perfect for those nights when you don’t have much time on your hands to fiddle with too many complicated ingredients. This recipe is simple and delicious, with the minimum prep, and everything is baked in 30 minutes! It’s a low-carb, gluten free recipe.

baked chicken breasts, cream cheese and bacon stuffed chicken, easy chicken recipes

Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil, and add chicken breasts.

chicken breasts in a white casserole dish

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Top with cream cheese.

butterflied chicken breasts with cream cheese in white casserole dish

Top with chopped cooked bacon.

best chicken recipes, easy chicken breast recipes, easy chicken dinners, family dinner recipes

Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.

chicken breasts with cheddar cheese, gluten free chicken recipes, gluten free dinner recipe ideas

baked chicken breasts with bacon and cream cheese, easy chicken breast recipes, quick chicken dinner, simple chicken recipes

The dinner is ready!

Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken

Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 chicken breasts (use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, horizontally)
  • salt and pepper
  • 4 oz or 6 oz cream cheese (cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices)
  • 8 bacon strips, cooked, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
  2. Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. I used the the oval casserole dish measured 13 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches deep.
  3. Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Note about chicken: use 4 thin chicken breasts, or use 2 large thick chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally each to make 4 thin chicken breasts.
  4. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  5. Top with cream cheese. Cream cheese should be cold, right out of the fridge, sliced into 8 thin slices.
  6. Top with chopped cooked bacon (drained from fat).
  7. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
  8. Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.

PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN\’

• Carole from Carole's Chatter June 15, 2017, 7:16 pm

Hi Julia, this would fit perfectly in Food on Friday: June under the bacon theme. Hope you bring it on over. Cheers from Carole’s Chatter

• Danielle June 27, 2017, 5:47 pm

This sounds yummy and I’ll be making it tonight. I was wondering if you know the calorie count in a serving? I’m trying to keep track of my caloric intake and I am not very good at figuring it out with a homemade recipe. Thanks so much!

• Elaine June 28, 2017, 6:10 pm

Don’t see the nutrition information..how many carbs per serving?.. I’m counting the carbs in dishes…staying under 20 carbs a day..so each carb is critical in the count.. I’ve lost 30 lbs so far..still going!!!

• jamie July 21, 2017, 10:45 am

This looks awesome and trying it tonight, for those asking nutrition details, I found a web site you can cpy and paste ingredients ito and it gives all the info.
    https://www.verywell.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4129594 . Try it out, I have found it very helpful

• Diane August 29, 2017, 1:29 pm

this was a great dinner!!! yum….

• Julia November 3, 2017, 6:06 pm

Thank you! 🙂

• Rachel September 10, 2017, 6:44 pm

Didn’t care for it… it sounded great but one noted when making it …. also I’d suggest covering it for the first 15 minutes to keep the cheese from drying out

• Chris Franke September 24, 2017, 8:42 pm

Really enjoyed this recipe! I would add the cheese after cooking, the cheese got well done doing it by the recipe.

• Julia October 31, 2017, 7:55 pm

Thank you, Chris! Glad you liked it! 🙂 Yes, you can definitely add cheddar cheese towards the end. I just piled everything together at the same time for simplicity and it worked great for me!

• Cassie September 25, 2017, 5:24 pm

Shared with my readers and pointed them here for directions. Thanks for the recipe!

• Karen September 25, 2017, 9:42 pm

Good recipe. Had to cover mine and cook an additional 30 minutes, but the flavor was great. Can’t go wrong with bacon and cream cheese.

• Julia October 31, 2017, 7:48 pm

Thank you, Karen! Glad you liked it! Definitely can’t go wrong with bacon and cream cheese. 🙂

• Amy Bright October 8, 2017, 4:34 pm

My husband and I decided to make this as our children all love chicken, cheese, and bacon. This was a total success. I cut all the breasts thin and it was amazing. The chicken was nice and juicy. The kids all ate theirs quicker than we did!

• Julia October 31, 2017, 7:01 pm

Thank you, Amy! 🙂 So glad your whole family liked this recipe! :):):)

• Janet October 13, 2017, 6:07 pm

I tried the Bacon cream cheese cheddar chicken and it was delicious! I took advice of others and put cheddar in about last five minutes – turned out great. I also used Bacon pieces instead of cooking bacon to make it even quick and easier and worked great! I will be adding this to my recipe cards

• Julia October 31, 2017, 6:31 pm

Thank you, Janet! Glad you liked it! 🙂

• Lauren Kelley November 4, 2017, 1:45 pm

My 12-year-old made this using American cheese (her fav) and it turned out great! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am sharing it on my own website http://www.thegypsyprofessional.com (and giving you credit, of course)! Thanks again!

• Inna November 18, 2017, 11:32 am

Easy, quick and delicious!