Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs with capers, lemon, and garlic! This baked chicken piccata takes about 40 minutes to make (most of which is idle baking time) and is a very flavorful weeknight dinner. Gluten-free and low-carb recipe!
Gluten-free and low-carb recipe
- The ingredients include butter and chicken thighs - both have high fat, low sugar content.
- Chicken piccata contains foods that are high in protein and low in carb, such as chicken bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- There is no flour, no grains, nothing with gluten in this recipe. Gluten-free recipe.
Ingredients for baked chicken piccata
- bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ground black pepper
- green onions
How to bake chicken piccata
This chicken recipe is so delicious and unbelievably easy to make! Just brush the chicken thighs with butter (to ensure crispy skin); arrange the chicken in the baking pan; add sliced lemons, capers, garlic, and chicken broth; and bake for 30 minutes. So easy!
This gluten-free chicken piccata comes out juicy and flavorful every time!
Other Chicken Recipes
- Low-carb, gluten-free chicken bake with Cheddar cheese: Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Chicken
- Chicken breasts are smothered with creamed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon, and then baked in the oven: Chicken Smothered with Bacon and Creamed Spinach
- Here is another low-carb and gluten-free chicken breast recipe with Mozzarella cheese: Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Oven-Baked Chicken Piccata
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in skin-on
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 lemon , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup chicken broth reduced-sodium
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green onions , cleaned and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brush chicken thighs thoroughly with melted butter. Arrange chicken in a medium-size baking pan.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over and around the chicken thighs.
- Add lemon slices and capers around the chicken thighs.
- Add chicken broth to the bottom of the baking pan, without pouring it over the chicken thighs (chicken thighs should only have butter brushed over them - to make the skin crispy). Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake the chicken until completely cooked through and the skin on top is golden brown and crispy, for about 30 minutes. Internal temperature should register 175 degrees F.
- To serve, spoon caper mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with finely chopped green onions.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.