Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta - a very simple dinner dish that will literally take only 35 minutes to make! This delicious, homemade, very creamy white cheese Italian pasta sauce includes the four-cheese blend: Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago cheeses.
For this easy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta I used small cooked shrimp, and I just reheated it gently in the skillet to use for this recipe. You can use raw shrimp, too. Make sure you cook it until it is cooked just right in step 1.
I love quick and easy recipes - they make my life so much easier! This shrimp alfredo pasta dish takes only 30 minutes to make, yet it tastes so amazingly delicious and looks very impressive - which makes everybody think that you put a lot of time and effort into it!
First, you'll be cooking shrimp in butter, with 5 cloves of finely minced garlic - this will fill your house with a wonderful smell of cooked garlic!
Second, you will cook and drain the pasta. Then, you'll combine the cooked pasta with the alfredo sauce ingredients and cook everything for several minutes until the cheeses blend nicely with the liquid ingredients. Finally, you'll add shrimp. That's it! Super easy!
I've used 1 pound of small cooked shrimp to make this recipe (it was about 90 shrimp count). This recipe can easily be gluten free: just use gluten free brown rice spaghetti.
Garlic Shrimp Alfredo in a Creamy Four Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb cooked shrimp , peeled and deveined (90 count shrimp in 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 cup cooked pasta water
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups Four-Cheese Italian White Cheese Blend (Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago)
- ¼ cup parsley or chives or green onions , finely chopped
- Cook minced garlic and shrimp in olive oil and butter for about 2 minutes on medium heat, occasionally stirring, without burning. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Cook pasta in a separate pan, drain. Reserve some of cooked pasta water. Dissolve 1 cube of chicken broth bullion in 1 cup of hot pasta water.
- Add pasta water (with the dissolved chicken broth bullion cube in it), heavy cream, and cooked spaghetti to the skillet where you cooked shrimp. Bring to boil, stirring. Once the liquids are boiling, immediately add cheese and keep stirring everything together (spaghetti and the cream), while boiling, until cheese melts and coats pasta, for about 1 minute. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook, constantly stirring, to thicken the sauce - for another minute or two. Stir in half amount of shrimp.
- To serve, top each serving with the remaining half amount of shrimp and top with chives or finely chopped chives, or green onions, or parsley
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I am Laurie
Just tried this recipe and I love❤it real easy to prepare.
Laurie, I am so glad the recipe was enjoyed! 🙂
I made this dish. I didn’t follow the amounts. I just winged everything and it came out amazing. I use flour instead or cornstarch. I also added organic baby broccoli, asparagus, bell peppers and scallops. I use Pinot Grigio and fettuccine noodles. This was AMAZING! I fed an entire party! Paired it with a cabbage cranberry and apple salad with poppyseed dressing and garlic bread.
Keisha, I just love your additions of veggies and the salad you served the pasta with! Sounds delicious!
Can I use regular chicken broth instead of the pasta water with chicken bouillon?
Yes, you can! You might have to season the pasta with more salt, though.
Is this a dish you can warm up after making?. I usually make dinner sometimes and leave to work so my husband can eat when he gets home. I am so anxious to try it out!
Made this for the first time tonight and my boyfriend and I fell in LOVE! I eyeballed the cheese, so I think I used about 2 cups (we love cheese) and it was amazing!
I really enjoy making this for my wife and friends. They just can't have enough. THANK YOU!!!
You are very welcome!
Just made this for supper and it was delicious! I can't wait to try more of your recipes.
I am so glad you liked this recipe! Thank you for such a kind comment!
I really like the the method of using pasta water and chicken bullion to make the sauce. It really lightens it up. I lightened it up further by using low fat milk instead of cream. It came out great, although next time I will definitely reduce the amount of liquid next time. I used 1 cup of pasta water and half a cup of milk. I'll probably use only half the pasta water next time. It gave the dish a great flavor without making it too rich. I'll have to try it in my other alfredo dishes. I also used small shrimp and angel hair pasta.
Thank you, Simina, for such a detailed and thoughtful comment! You provided great tips on how to further lighten up this dish.