Spicy Cajun Shrimp with lots of sauce – delicious Southern appetizer! Made with garlic, ketchup, chicken broth, hot sauce, Cajun spice, and green onions. Super easy to make – 30 minutes from start to finish!
I love Cajun spice, and not surprisingly it goes really well with shrimp! Try this recipe, and you’ll see what I mean! I couldn’t stop eating it!
I wanted a simple Cajun-style shrimp appetizer that I could make with just a few basic ingredients. This recipe worked really well, and all 25 jumbo shrimp were devoured within 20 minutes by 3 people (including me). It’s amazing how fast the food can disappear from the table if it tastes good!
If you’re in a hurry, and want an easy flavorful Cajun shrimp – this is the recipe for you! Southern comfort food!
Spicy Cajun Shrimp with lots of sauce - delicious Southern appetizer! Made with garlic, ketchup, chicken broth, hot sauce, Cajun spice, and green onions. Super easy to make - 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (20-25 count, peeled but with tails, deveined)
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning , containing salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 green onions , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (hot cayenne sauce, such as Frank's hot sauce)
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp together with minced garlic, and cajun spice (my Cajun spice already contained salt, so no salt needed to be added, but if your mix is without salt, add a pinch of salt, too).
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-hot heat. Add shrimp (mixed with garlic and Cajun spice) to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute on each side, flipping once.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet onto a plate. Add chicken broth, ketchup, chopped green onions, hot sauce to the same skillet, bring to boil, mix everything well. Add back the shrimp, boil or simmer for a couple of minutes until shrimp cooks and sauce thickens, constantly stirring. If sauce is too thick, add a small amount of water.
- To serve, top with green onions.