Chicken with Bacon and Mustard Sauce – an absolute comfort food! In this recipe, chicken breast is moist, tender, and flavorful because it’s smothered in the most delicious sauce ever!
This bacon and mustard chicken is one of my most favorite ways to cook chicken breast. It’s easy and always a popular recipe with everybody who tries it!
Ingredients you’ll need for bacon and mustard chicken recipe:
This whole dinner takes only 30 minutes to make!
How to make bacon and mustard chicken (step-by-step photos):
First, make the simple mustard sauce by mixing Dijon mustard with paprika, salt and pepper. Spread the mustard sauce over 3 chicken breasts and set them aside:
In a large skillet cook chopped bacon just until browned:
Remove the bacon and add the chopped onions to the same skillet with bacon fat and cook until softened:
Remove the onion from the skillet, and cook chicken breasts just a little bit on each side (you’ll continue cooking them in the next step):
Finally, add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet, add back the bacon, cooked onions, and the chicken, and cook for 20 minutes until chicken is done:
If you want a delicious creamy sauce for your chicken that has not cream, try this Bacon and Mustard Chicken. Moist, tender chicken coated with an amazing sauce!
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 strips bacon uncooked, chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Combine Dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl, to make a paste. Spread the paste evenly on both sides of chicken breasts. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chopped bacon on medium-high heat just until it starts to brown. Remove to a plate, leaving bacon fat in a skillet. To the same skillet, add chopped onion and cook in bacon fat until softened. Remove to the same plate, with bacon.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the same, now empty, hot skillet. Cook chicken breast (with mustard paste on it), on medium heat, about 1.5 minutes on each side. The chicken will not be done as you will continue cooking it in the next step. Remove chicken to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add 1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth, bring to boil, scraping the bottom of the pan. Add back bacon and onions, mix well. Add back the chicken breast, reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning chicken once, until chicken breast is fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.