Chicken and Bacon Pasta in a homemade creamy Cilantro-Lime Alfredo Sauce – creamy, flavorful spaghetti in a delicious white cheese sauce!
The sauce is made by cooking garlic, adding freshly squeezed lime juice and cilantro and then mixing everything with the cream and freshly grated cheese. Super easy recipe that takes only 30 minutes to make, from start to finish!
- Use fresh cilantro.
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice - it's so flavorful and has a much more pleasant acidity than some bottled lime juices.
- Use shredded Mozzarella or shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Cook bacon in advance in the oven and drain it on paper towels, before using the bacon in this recipe
Other recipes with cilantro and lime
If you like cilantro and lime combination as much as I do, here are my other favorite recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Honey Garlic Salmon
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Cilantro Lime Black Bean Rice
- Cilantro Lime Honey Garlic Shrimp
Chicken and Bacon Pasta with creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast , sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed, use less if bottled juice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cilantro fresh, chopped
- ⅔ cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cups milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz spaghetti (use gluten free brown rice spaghetti for gluten free version)
- ¼ cup reserved cooked pasta water
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, drained of fat, and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-hot heat. Generously season sliced chicken with salt and pepper, add to the hot skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until done. Remove sliced chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add minced garlic, lime juice and chicken broth. Cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat, deglazing and scraping the skillet until the liquid is reduced and making sure garlic does not burn and brown too much. Mix in chopped cilantro.
- Add heavy cream and milk. Bring to boil, the immediately add cheese and mix in until melted, while boiling. Then, remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, reserving some cooked pasta water.
- Add pasta to the sauce, along with the half of the chicken and half of chopped bacon. Mix everything in and season pasta with more salt, if needed.
- Top with the remaining half of the chicken, the remaining half of chopped bacon, and more chopped cilantro.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.