Butternut Squash, Kale, Pecan, Cranberry, Apple Salad with Maple-Lime Dressing - this healthy, gluten free salad combines lots of Autumn flavors and is a great side dish / appetizer during the Fall/Winter season!
Butternut squash, kale, pecans, dried cranberries and apple go so well together in this healthy salad.
Maple-Lime dressing is perfect for kale: it softens and balances its flavor. I really enjoyed this salad, and so did my husband who would usually not be into greens like kale. It's all about the dressing and the right ingredients! Kale does not overwhelm this salad: it's just one of many ingredients that work really well together!
Butternut Squash, Kale, Pecan, Cranberry, Apple Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash:
Kale Salad Ingredients:
Roasted butternut squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line the baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded),1 tablespoon of olive oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon, and toss to mix.
- Place butternut squash in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once half-way through baking, until softened.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a large bowl, add chopped kale, chopped apple, lightly toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and cooked butternut squash.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients, and whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss carefully to combine.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.