Creamy Parmesan Garlic Potatoes and Peas - red potatoes and green peas smothered in a creamy Parmesan garlic sauce. This side dish is pure comfort food! Perfect side dish for all kinds of meats.
Let potatoes never be boring again - just add lots of garlic, some cream and Parmesan cheese, and you're good to go with these delicious creamy parmesan potatoes and peas!
This side dish goes well with so many dishes: chicken, sandwiches, fish, etc. It will also make a nice holiday menu item for any party or upcoming holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
Creamy Potatoes and Peas with Parmesan and Garlic
- Add quartered red potatoes to a large pot, fill with just enough water to cover potatoes. Add ¼ teaspoon salt to the pot. Bring the pot to boil, and boil the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes, until they turn tender. Towards the end of boiling the potatoes, add frozen peas, and let the water boil for another 2-4 minutes to cook the peas. When the potatoes and the peas are both tender and cooked, drain them.
- Heat olive oil and butter on medium heat in a large skillet, add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute on medium heat, without burning.
- Add half and half to the skillet with cooked garlic. Bring to boil, stirring. Once the liquid is boiling, immediately add cheese, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and keep stirring everything together (cheese and the half and half), while boiling, until the cheese melts, for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook, constantly stirring, to thicken the sauce - for another minute.
- Immediately add cooked and drained potatoes and peas, stir them in and coat them with the sauce. Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Top with chopped parsley before serving.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.