Asian Beef, Broccoli, and Cabbage Stir-Fry - so easy-to-make and healthy! Cabbage is cooked in a simple homemade Asian sauce until soft and very flavorful! Great dinner or side dish! Gluten free recipe as it is made with Tamari sauce.
I love easy Asian recipes - they are always a great choice for weeknight dinner and bring a nice variety to weekly recipe rotation, such as this Asian Beef with Mushrooms and Snow Peas or these Asian Noodles with Mushrooms and Snow Peas.
This Asian stir fry with ground beef, broccoli, and cabbage is no exception. Easy, delicious, it takes only 35 minutes to make. The recipe is gluten free as I am using gluten-free tamari sauce. Regular (non gluten-free) soy sauce can be used as well if you're not gluten free. The recipe is so basic - there are only very few very simple steps to making this recipe.
Ingredients you need for ground beef and cabbage stir fry
- olive oil
- ground beef
- cabbage, finely chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- tamari sauce
- dried ginger
- sesame oil
How to prepare ground beef and cabbage stir fry
First, cook the ground beef, drain any fat from the skillet. Next, add chopped cabbage and garlic:
Then, cook until the cabbage is tender and reduces in volume.
Stir in cooked (or blanched) broccoli. Add the homemade Asian sauce ingredients. Cook, constantly stirring. Season with salt if necessary.
Your delicious Asian beef, broccoli, and cabbage stir-fry is ready! It's a great way to use cabbage! You can easily double this recipe to use the whole cabbage head. This recipe uses only half of the cabbage head as it's quite a lot of volume when chopped, and I was able to fit only half of it in my largest cooking pan.
Asian Beef, Broccoli, and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ head cabbage , finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup broccoli , cooked, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tamari sauce (use less if using regular soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until cooked through. Drain any fat or liquid.
- To the same skillet, add chopped cabbage and garlic. Cook until cabbage is tender and reduces in volume. Stir in cooked (or blanched) broccoli.
- Add tamari sauce, ginger, and sesame oil and stir to combine - on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch - and mix it in the bowl until smooth. Add the corn starch water to the skillet, mix with cabbage and cook on medium heat until heated through and sauce somewhat thickens, constantly stirring.
- Season with salt if necessary.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Have left over roast . Could I use that in place of gr. beef ?
I think this would be delicious with shredded beef from left over roast!