Mushroom Ravioli with Spinach – this easy meatless pasta dinner requires only 6 ingredients and 30 minutes! Mushrooms are sauteed with spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and combined with ravioli.
My family loves Italian filled pasta combined with a flavorful mixture of vegetables and mushrooms! This recipe has been inspired by my Italian ravioli which also features lots of veggies. I used store-bought ravioli filled with 4 cheese mix.
You can use any type of ravioli to combine with mushrooms: pesto filled ravioli, cheese ravioli, spinach filled ravioli, etc. You can even make your own ravioli from scratch if you like. I have 2 homemade ravioli recipes on my site that I highly recommend. Try homemade ravioli with goat cheese and spinach filling and ravioli with spinach and ricotta cheese filling.
- Only 6 ingredients. This recipe requires spinach, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and store-bought or homemade ravioli. Simple and easy!
- 30 minutes of your time. It’s a perfect weeknight recipe that takes only 30 minutes in the kitchen! Your family will love the flavors in this pasta dish!
- Meatless dinner. Mushroom ravioli does not have any meat, yet this dinner will keep you full and satisfied.
- Flexible recipe. This recipe will work with any type of ravioli. Use homemade ravioli or buy ravioli with any kind of filling in the store. Use baby portobellos, cremini mushrooms, shiitake, porcini, button mushrooms, or oyster mushrooms.
What to serve with mushroom ravioli
Ravioli is Italian filled pasta. When combined with mushrooms and veggies, it is a complete meal. Here are some ideas of what goes well with ravioli:
- Creamy Sauce. Add a creamy sauce such as alfredo sauce or creamy sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Protein. Serve mushroom ravioli with grilled chicken, salmon and asparagus, or baked trout. You can also serve ravioli with lamb loin chops.
Side dishes for ravioli
Because ravioli is already rich in flavor, complement it with a lighter side dish or a salad. Here are some ideas:
- Salad. Want to keep your meal meatless? Serve simple salad with spinach or arugula. Or, try this refreshing tomato cucumber avocado salad.
- Roasted vegetables. Serve roasted asparagus, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or green beans.
What sauce goes well with ravioli
Variations and substitutions
- Use any type of ravioli: cheese-stuffed, pesto-stuffed, etc.
- Make this dish gluten-free by using gluten-free ravioli.
- Use regular button mushrooms, cremini, shiitake, oyster mushrooms. For “meaty” taste, use portobello mushrooms.
- Don’t have spinach? Use kale or Swiss chard.
How to make mushroom ravioli
You’ll need lots of mushrooms (10 oz) and 10 oz of ravioli. Use baby portobello mushrooms, shiitake, cremini, oyster mushrooms, or button mushrooms. Below are step-by-step photos and instructions.
1) In a large skillet, combine 10 oz sliced mushrooms, 1/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2) Cook mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes for 2 minutes, on medium heat.
3) Add 5 oz of fresh spinach, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
4) Continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts.
5) To the skillet with sautéed mushrooms and vegetables add 10 oz cooked ravioli, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, red pepper flakes, and stir.
6) Reheat gently on medium-low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Other delicious ravioli recipes
- Italian ravioli
- Pumpkin ravioli with brown butter and pecans
- Homemade ravioli with goat cheese and spinach filling
- Ravioli with spinach and ricotta cheese filling
Mushroom Ravioli with Spinach - this easy meatless pasta dinner requires only 6 ingredients and 30 minutes! Mushrooms are sauteed with spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and combined with ravioli. Use baby portobellos, shiitake, oyster mushrooms, cremini, or button mushrooms.
- 10 oz ravioli (cheese ravioli, pesto-filled, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 10 oz mushrooms (cremini, button mushrooms, or baby portobellos)
- 5 oz spinach , fresh
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook ravioli until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
Add fresh spinach, minced garlic, red pepper flakes. Continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts.
- To the skillet with sautéed mushrooms and vegetables add cooked ravioli, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and stir. Reheat gently on medium-low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.