Greek tortellini salad with tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, feta cheese - in homemade Greek salad dressing. It's a delicious and healthy salad that uses fresh ingredients, lots of vegetables, and the dressing is made completely from scratch!
I've really been into Mediterranean food lately, and this Greek tortellini salad is a perfect example of delicious and healthy Mediterranean cuisine: lots of veggies, a little bit of pasta, feta cheese (low-fat), homemade dressing made with olive oil (healthy fats) and balsamic vinegar.
Ingredients you need for Greek Tortellini Salad
This salad is bursting with color and packed with fresh veggies and pasta. Here is what you need:
- cooked and cold tortellini
- red bell peppers
- crumbled feta cheese
- finely chopped black olives
- small red onion
How to make Greek salad dressing
In a medium bowl, combine together all salad dressing ingredients, except salt: ¼ cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Whisk until emulsified.
Add just enough salt to suit your tastes - should be about ¼ teaspoon of salt.
While this Greek tortellini salad is great served right after it's made, it also gets better if you let it marinate overnight (or at least for 2 hours) in the refrigerator. If you let the salad sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours, the flavors will start to really soak into the pasta and other ingredients.
I love crumbled Feta cheese combined with tortellini and Greek salad dressing - the cheese gets so creamy and so tasty!
Related Tortellini recipes
Here are some other refreshing, Mediterranean recipes with tortellini:
- Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and Veggies - healthy, easy-to-make Mediterranean-style dinner.
- Creamy Sausage Tortellini with Spinach, Tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese sauce - Italian style comfort food.
- Tortellini with Shrimp and Veggies - spicy shrimp smothered in a creamy Mozzarella cheese sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach! SO GOOD!
Greek Tortellini Salad: Tomatoes, Avocados, Cucumbers
Greek Salad Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or more, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt or more, to taste
- 2 ½ cups tortellini , cooked and cold
- 2 cups tomatoes , sliced
- 1 cucumber , sliced
- 1 avocado , cubed
- 1 cup red bell peppers , sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 2 ounces black olives , finely chopped
- ¼ red onion , thinly sliced
Greek Salad Dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all salad dressing ingredients, except salt. Add just enough salt to suit your tastes - should be about ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Greek Tortellini Salad:
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Add just enough of the dressing to the salad to coat and toss. Don't add all the salad dressing at once - you will probably use only about half of the salad dressing. At this point, your salad is ready to serve.
- Or, you can cover and chill the salad for a couple of hours or refrigerate overnight. Also chill (or refrigerate) the remaining dressing. Before serving, let the salad (and the remaining dressing) sit at room temperature for some time because olive oil in the dressing would've have solidified in the refrigerator - let it liquify. Add more of the reserved dressing to the salad, if necessary.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.