One-pan baked Italian Chicken and Vegetables - easy and healthy family weeknight dinner. Ready in less than 1 hour. Only 10 minutes of prep, and 30 minutes to bake. Chicken Breasts are seasoned with basil and topped with veggies: artichokes, tomatoes, zucchini. Bake this Italian chicken in the casserole dish topped with the Mozzarella cheese.
I love using artichokes - they work so well in dinner recipes. I use them for Italian ravioli or to make artichoke chicken bake. My favorite recipes always involve lots of veggies. This simple weeknight meal is no exception.
Baked Italian Chicken
- This is a one-pot recipe. Just combine all the ingredients in one pan (casserole dish) and bake it in the oven!
- 30 minutes of total baking time. Quick and easy!
- This recipe will keep you full and satisfied. It has protein (chicken), fiber (veggies), and fat (cheese).
- The chicken is smothered with fresh tomatoes, artichokes, and fresh zucchini! That makes the chicken meat juicy and tender!
- The Italian Chicken Bake is healthy, gluten-free, and low-carb! The vegetables make this dish colorful and packed with nutrients.
- The clean-up is a breeze! This weeknight dinner requires only one pot.
Tips and Tricks
- Use skinless boneless chicken breasts or skinless boneless chicken thighs.
- Use cooked bacon or prosciutto. Or, you can skip it altogether. Bacon is optional in this recipe.
- Use shredded Mozzarella cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese.
This Italian chicken is highly adaptable. Use any vegetables you have in the fridge. Use green beans, cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, asparagus, shredded carrots, finely chopped broccoli. Or, stick with the veggies that I use: cherry tomatoes, zucchini, artichokes.
What to serve with the baked Italian chicken?
- Serve a healthy tomato cucumber avocado salad or comforting cheese tortellini.
- Do you want something completely over the top? Then, serve this dish with one of my favorites: sun-dried tomato pasta.
- Prefer to serve grains? Serve this weeknight meal with cilantro lime and black bean rice or sun-dried tomato and basil rice.
- If you don't want to serve rice with the Italian chicken, try this delicious spinach quinoa side dish.
How to make Italian chicken
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Add chicken breasts to the white casserole pan. Season with dried basil and salt.
3. Top with sliced zucchini.
4. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and sliced artichokes.
5. Top with chopped bacon.
6. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for about 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat.
8. Let the chicken rest for at least 10-15 minutes to allow the meat to cook through completely.
Baked Italian Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon basil , dried
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini , sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , yellow and red, mixed, each sliced in half
- ½ can artichoke hearts , sliced
- 6 slices bacon , cooked, drained, chopped (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add chicken breasts to the white casserole pan.
- Sprinkle dried basil and salt over the chicken.
- Top with sliced zucchini, sliced cherry tomatoes, and sliced artichokes.
- Top with chopped bacon.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let the Italian chicken sit in the casserole dish for at least 10-15 minutes to allow the meat to cook through completely.
- Use regular chicken breasts or half each chicken breast in half. The total baking time should be about 20-30 minutes. It will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat the leftovers in the preheated oven at 350 F for about 20 minutes. Or, reheat in the microwave oven for 1 minute.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.