Spinach and mushroom quinoa sauteed in garlic and olive oil.
I've made this delicious dish over this past weekend and it was so good, I can't wait to share this simple recipe. Not only is it super tasty, this spinach and mushroom quinoa is healthy, low in carbs and calories, high in fiber, it's gluten free and vegetarian. Super easy to make and so much flavor with so few ingredients!
Spinach and mushroom quinoa
- 1 pound mushrooms (white or cremini, sliced thinly)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted (omit butter for vegan version)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 green onions chopped
- 10 oz spinach fresh
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until mushrooms get soft and acquire a nice, golden-brown color. Add chopped green onions and mix. Season with salt.
- Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms and spinach cook for about 1 minute or less, just until spinach begins to wilt. Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up. Season with salt, if needed. Add another tablespoon of olive oil, if desired.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.