Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad with Cashews and Balsamic Vinaigrette - healthy, delicious, easy-to-make salad! With lots of good for you ingredients, this recipe is packed with fiber, and it's gluten free! It's a great salad to make whenever you have spinach and apples, any time of the year. But this salad is definitely a great choice for the holidays, too, especially for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Eve.
I love using nuts in fresh salads, and cashews are often my favorite choice, as in this Cranberry Spinach Salad with Cashews and Goat Cheese and Lemon-Honey Poppy Seed Dressing or in this Strawberry Spinach Salad, with Blueberries, Mango, Avocado, and Cashew nuts. Cashews add so much flavor and a nice crunch to any salad.
- Grind half of cashews into smaller bits, and keep the other half of cashews whole. This adds more texture to the salad and make a pretty presentation.
- Use 1 green apple and 1 red apple, for color. In this recipe I use 1 sliced Granny Smith apple and 1 sliced Gala apple.
- Use store-bought or homemade balsamic dressing. Creamy balsamic dressing will work as well as balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
How to make apple cranberry spinach salad
Just slice up the apples (one Gala apple and one Granny Smith apple). Then combine with other salad ingredients, such as spinach, cashew nuts, and cranberries. Do not add the salad dressing yet.
Next, add the Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (the creamy kind) right before serving:
Apple Cranberry Spinach Cashew Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, except for the salad dressing.
- In a mason jar, combine all salad dressing ingredients, and whisk to emulsify with a fork. Taste, and add more mayo for more creaminess, if desired. Add more honey for more sweetness, if desired.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss. Serve immediately. You don't have to use the whole amount of salad dressing.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.