Garlic and Bacon Green Beans

gluten free recipe, gluten free side dish, gluten free green beans

Garlic and Bacon Green Beans sauteed in olive oil and butter – an easy and delicious way to prepare the green beans for the holiday table!

Thanksgiving green beans, Thanksgiving side dish recipe, gluten free Thanksgiving, gluten free holidays

I love garlic with just about anything, and the green beans are no exception!  Sauteed garlic tastes GREAT with green beans and bacon!

gluten free recipes, holiday green beans, Christmas green beans, Thanksgiving recipes

MY OTHER VIDEOS

Garlic and Bacon Green Beans

Garlic and Bacon Green Beans

• 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 bacon strips, cooked, drained of fat, chopped

1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, drain the beans.
  2. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook it, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans. Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients. Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.

• Candy December 14, 2016, 11:01 am

Thinking of making the green bean with garlic and bacon dish…. wondering if I could prep everything ahead of time and then do the final step of combining everything in the sauté pan just before dinner?

• Julia December 17, 2016, 6:48 pm

Yes, you could – if you prep everything the same day.

• Marichu June 25, 2017, 11:26 pm

One of my favorite

• Steve November 9, 2017, 8:07 pm

Too much Garlic. I made it for the family and it didn’t go. The comment was more bacon and a lot less garlic.

• Julia November 13, 2017, 8:38 pm

Thanks for stopping by! I am glad you tried this dish. Just use less garlic next time (I love lots of garlic, though).

• Brian Soriano November 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

Going to try this for thanksgiving, looks good, just wondering if i can add another vegetable for color? If so which one?

• Julia November 24, 2017, 9:59 pm

Sliced and roasted bell peppers will work well!

• Candice Clark November 23, 2017, 12:53 am

Why on earth would you waste all of that delicious flavorful bacon grease? I made this by cooking bacon in a frying pan and using the bacon grease to sauté everything and it was phenomenal. You had a really great idea but it definitely needed some tweaking. So I guess thanks for starting point

• Julia November 24, 2017, 9:32 pm

Thank you, Candice! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe! I usually precook my bacon in the oven, so the fat is already drained, but your way of cooking this dish, with the bacon grease, is delicious, too!