Southwestern Spaghetti Squash stuffed with chopped chicken, black beans, tomatoes, corn, green chilies, green bell pepper, spaghetti squash flesh, and topped and broiled with shredded Cheddar on top! All of this spiced up with Southwestern spices.
This stuffed Southwestern Spaghetti Squash is so good, you’ll have a hard time stop eating eat! Great recipe for the holidays or for when spaghetti squash is in season.
The flavors of this dish are AMAZING! First, you cook the spaghetti squash according to my detailed tutorial: how to cook spaghetti squash. Then, you combine all the ingredients in a large skillet with spices:
Stuff each spaghetti squash half with the mixture from the skillet:
Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese:
And broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts. Top with chopped fresh cilantro:
The dinner is ready! And it was surprisingly easy to make!
Southwestern Spaghetti Squash stuffed with chopped chicken, black beans, tomatoes, corn, green chilies, green bell pepper, spaghetti squash flesh, and topped and broiled with shredded Cheddar on top! All of this spiced up with Southwestern spices. Great recipe for the holidays!
- 1 spaghetti squash whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 15 oz corn from the can, drained
- 15 oz black beans from the can, rinsed and drained
- 4.5 oz green chilies from the can, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
Cook spaghetti squash according to these easy instructions for cooking spaghetti squash.
- At this point, you should have 2 empty spaghetti squash halves, with the flesh strands removed to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped chicken breast, sprinkle with half the amount of cumin, half the chili powder, half the amount of turmeric, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through completely.
- Add chopped bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, drained corn, drained black beans, and diced green chilies to the skillet with chicken, add the remaining spices (the remaining half amounts of cumin, chili powder, and turmeric), and stir everything to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add the spaghetti squash flesh to the skillet with the chicken mixture. If the skillet is not large enough, use a large bowl and combine the spaghetti squash flesh and all the chicken mixture from the skillet in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, and more spices (cumin and chili powder) if needed.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Stuff each squash half with the mixture from the previous steps and top each squash half with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Broil for about 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and top each squash half with chopped fresh cilantro.