Delicious Thai Zucchini Noodles - fettuccine pasta with a homemade, spicy Thai sauce, topped with toasted sesame seeds. The sauce is made with honey, Thai red curry paste, and soy sauce (or use Tamari sauce). Asian comfort food!
I love making Asian-style noodles at home, such as these Asian Noodles with Mushrooms and Snow Peas or this Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce. All these recipes are so easy to make and are so good, I make them all the time to add variety to the dinner menu at home. These fettuccine noodles with pan-fried zucchini in Asian sauce is no exception.
There is so much flavor in this simple recipe! If you're looking for an unusual way to use up your zucchinis - use them in this Asian-inspired dish.
- Thai dishes are usually made with rice noodles, so in this recipe I used gluten free brown rice fettuccine which worked perfectly!
- You can use soy sauce or gluten free Tamari sauce - whichever you like. Either one works great in this recipe.
- Make sure to toast sesame seeds briefly in the oven, just until they become just a little bit brown. Toasted sesame seeds are so flavorful!
- This is a meatless recipe, but you can add rotisserie chicken, salmon, or other types of fish.
Ingredients you need to make Thai zucchini noodles
- fettuccine pasta (for gluten free, use gluten free brown rice fettuccine)
- olive oil
- soy sauce or gluten free Tamari sauce
- chicken stock
- Thai red curry paste
- green onions
- toasted sesame seeds
How to make Thai zucchini noodles
Start by slicing 2 medium size zucchinis and cooking them in olive oil until soft and slightly browned:
Then, make a basic Thai sauce, completely from scratch, using just a few simple ingredients: soy sauce, honey, chicken stock, red curry paste, and green onions! The only ingredient you would probably have to specially shop for is red curry paste (I personally always have it in my fridge - I use it a lot in Asian-style dishes):
Finally, combine cooked and drained fettuccine pasta with cooked zucchini and the homemade Thai sauce. Then, top the pasta with toasted sesame seeds. That's it! Your Thai zucchini noodles are ready!
Thai Zucchini Noodles
- 8 oz pasta preferably Fettuccine (for gluten free, use gluten free brown rice fettuccine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini , sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce or gluten free Tamari sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (Thai)
- 5 green onions , chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , toasted
- Cook pasta al dente, drain, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add sliced zucchini, sprinkle with salt, and cook for about 1 or 2 minutes,flipping a couple of times. Zucchini should not get too soft. Remove zucchini from the skillet to the plate.
- Add soy sauce, honey, chicken stock, and red curry paste, to the same empty skillet. Heat up and mix everything to combine. Add chopped green onions to the sauce, and mix. Then, immediately, remove from heat.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to the skillet with the sauce and stir to coat. Add cooked zucchini, mix. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.