Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Basil Rice - Mediterranean recipe that's ready in 30 minutes! It's light, flavorful, colorful, and perfect for the Summer!
This easy rice recipe is a perfect side dish for grilled meats, fish, and it's gluten free!
I love sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan. All these ingredients combine really well with rice. I used Jasmine rice as it has the best texture for this kind of dish: light and fluffy.
Enjoy this easy recipe!
Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Basil Rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Jasmine rice , uncooked, or use any rice that says on the package that it takes 15 minutes to cook it
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves , chopped + more, for garnish
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Use large, deep skillet or a large sauce pan.
- Add chicken broth, uncooked rice, ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Mix everything well. Reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the skillet with the lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered, on low boiling simmer, until the rice is cooked through. If the rice absorbs all of the broth but is still tough, add about ½ cup water to the rice, cover with lid, and cook on low simmer until all water is absorbed, and the rice is cooked and tender in texture.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add ½ cup of sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil and chopped into smaller bites, chopped fresh basil (about 10 large leaves), and ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese to the skillet with rice. Mix everything. Taste, and add more salt or olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar, to taste.
- Garnish with more fresh basil.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This was delicious!
Do you know what a serving size is?
Glad you liked it! There are a total of 4 servings in this recipe. So, I would just divide this into 4 portions. It would be approximately 1 cup for each serving.