Greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins are amazingly soft, light and fluffy, with that beautiful airy texture! Made with Greek yogurt, which replaces some of the vegetable oil, thus reducing the fat content!
Sometimes I crave chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. Today is one of those days. I love to have a muffin with a glass of hot tea right after I've had some eggs and/or sausage. It makes my breakfast complete. These Greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins will make your breakfast complete, too!
I loved these so much, I actually had one for breakfast, and the second one - after dinner, for dessert! So, yes, make these chocolate chip muffins both for breakfast and dessert!
It takes no time to prepare these muffins, so, if I were you, I would get your coffee maker started or start boiling water for hot tea. Warm drinks are perfect with these breakfast muffins, as they will make chocolate chips melt in your mouth! Enjoy!
Greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour , sifted or otherwise aerated (see my note below)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt (I used 2% plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Important note about properly measuring flour using measuring cups:
- The proper way to measure flour using measuring cups is to aerate it first. This is done either by sifting flour, or aerating it by fluffing it up and whisking it well, then spooning it into the measuring cup, then carefully removing any excess flour with a knife. If you just stick that measuring cup in the bag of flour and scoop some out, you will get a lot more flour than what the recipe calls for. Do aerate the flour, or you will end up with dry dough! 🙂
How to make muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, add vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and Greek yogurt and whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture from step 2 to the liquid mixture in step 3 and mix just enough to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter from step 4.
- Fill muffin cups with the muffin batter about ¾ full. Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.