Crunchy Asian Salad with Veggies, Chicken and homemade Sesame Peanut Dressing - gluten free recipe, full of fiber, protein and nutrients! Lots of vegetables: spinach, cucumbers, red bell pepper, carrots, sugar snap peas – all tossed in a delicious, homemade peanut dressing, and topped with grilled chicken, roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
The salad dressing is out-of-this-world delicious, with a distinctive Asian-style flavor to it. It's sweet and sour, and very creamy! Just like in this Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing.
I just love-love making Asian food at home because in this case I know exactly what I put in my food, and it always tastes so good! This crunchy Asian salad with veggies and chicken makes a great dinner.
Related Asian recipes
Crunchy Asian Salad with Veggies, Chicken and Sesame Peanut Dressing
Peanut salad dressing:
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , chopped, or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten free Tamari soy sauce for gluten free version)
- 1 tablespoon honey or more, if you like it sweeter
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds , toasted
- 6 cups baby spinach , washed, and dried
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion , thinly sliced
- ½ pound snap peas
- 1 cucumber , thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , toasted
- 2 cups chicken (shredded rotisserie chicken or sliced grilled chicken)
Peanut salad dressing:
- In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together all dressing ingredients, except for 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, and cook for about 5 minutes, until peas are crisp tender. Drain, rinse under very cold water (to stop cooking), drain again and set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, just enough to coat (you don't have to use all of the dressing, unless you want to). Sprinkle the salad with the remaining tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the salad in the individual serving bowls and top with the sliced chicken.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.